Finished Case Photo!

MORE PHOTOS MORE PHOTOS MORE PHOTOS MORE PHOTOS MORE PHOTOS MORE PHOTOS MORE PHOTOS MORE PHOTOS MORE PHOTOS

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

You get a case and give us a side shot :(

Cmon man post them!!!!!! :)

second exodous said:
I still can't believe that it's this far along. I could be holding my Pandora in under 30 days.
Lucky. I could be holding my Pandora in...two months. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Tensuke said:
second exodous said:
I still can't believe that it's this far along. I could be holding my Pandora in under 30 days.
Lucky. I could be holding my Pandora in...two months. :p
Yeah, I guess I shouldn't assume the case needs just one more tweak. . . .

DroneB Dev said:
silkscreen!!
Man, you're really beating this into the ground, but I guess you do this for a living so I'll take your word for it. I personally don't care if it's not silkscreened but I'm sure others will be willing to wait for it.

sorry i got hyped by the photos,

yet i really have to say that all that OP Team has said boout this is dont worry, but i have my reasons to be worried
even if it is not silkscreen (they can also use tampography or even hot stamping)
the matte endings usually get the printing blurry, and the position of the inprints is hard to reach by automated methods

DroneB Dev said:

yet i really have to say that all that OP Team has said boout this is dont worry, but i have my reasons to be worried
even if it is not silkscreen (they can also use tampography or even hot stamping)
the matte endings usually get the printing blurry, and the position of the inprints is hard to reach by automated methods
I have taken your words and questions very seriously and have asked them over and over if our silkscreen layout was okay. I even took pictures of the Pandora renders with silkscreen and covered it with red arrows and text asking "is this okay?" "is this too close to an edge?" "can you print in a recessed area?" and I keep getting the "yes, it is okay" response. I'm sure they will find something and have to fix it but they keep telling me it is okay. That's all I can do until they actually try to print on it. Let's hope that an error takes a very short time to overcome. If it is going to be a real hassle, Craig wants to just drop the silkscreen perhaps to work it out later. Nothing says first batch like such a difference in labels so that is one way your unit will stand out from later ones. Please understand that just because you don't get a response to all your repetitive questions, you can assume that no one is paying attention. ;)

MWeston said:
If (the silk screen) is going to be a real hassle, Craig wants to just drop the silkscreen perhaps to work it out later. Nothing says first batch like such a difference in labels so that is one way your unit will stand out from later ones.
Hey, I would be fine with this, first batch no silk screen. Once you know what the lights mean you don't really need silk screen anyway, and I know those two slots on the front are for my SD cards.

MWeston said:
I have taken your words and questions very seriously and have asked them over and over if our silkscreen layout was okay. I even took pictures of the Pandora renders with silkscreen and covered it with red arrows and text asking "is this okay?" "is this too close to an edge?" "can you print in a recessed area?" and I keep getting the "yes, it is okay" response. I'm sure they will find something and have to fix it but they keep telling me it is okay. That's all I can do until they actually try to print on it. Let's hope that an error takes a very short time to overcome. If it is going to be a real hassle, Craig wants to just drop the silkscreen perhaps to work it out later. Nothing says first batch like such a difference in labels so that is one way your unit will stand out from later ones. Please understand that just because you don't get a response to all your repetitive questions, you can assume that no one is paying attention. ;)

I think we all appreciate the amount of effort and care that's being taken with this project. If the silk screen doesn't work out and is going to cause a long delay then I think most people wouldn't mind its absence.

second exodous said:
MWeston said:
If (the silk screen) is going to be a real hassle, Craig wants to just drop the silkscreen perhaps to work it out later. Nothing says first batch like such a difference in labels so that is one way your unit will stand out from later ones.
Hey, I would be fine with this, first batch no silk screen. Once you know what the lights mean you don't really need silk screen anyway, and I know those two slots on the front are for my SD cards.
I actually really want a case with no silk screen. While I know it's pretty unrealistic to ask for a personalized silkscreen free version, I'd really love it if there was such an option. :p

Alec  said:
second exodous said:
MWeston said:
I actually really want a case with no silk screen. While I know it's pretty unrealistic to ask for a personalized silkscreen free version, I'd really love it if there was such an option. :p
+1

Alec  said:
second exodous said:
MWeston said:
With or without, doesn't really matter to me. If it delays my Pandora I can live without it. The buttons are moulded in so they don't need it and they keyboard markings are on the the keys so the silk screens are just extra, not needed at all.

MWeston said:
DroneB Dev said:

*first of all tnx for the response, i apreciate all of your efforts
*second sorry if i went annoying xperience taught me be pushy even if it is annoying if you want things to get done
*third i wouldnt mind dropping some of the hard to print parts but i think it would be better to leave some silkscreen at least (the back panel for example since that one seems the easiest to print)
*fourth please leave the special first batcher(or logo) somewhere it really gives it a special flavor (i really dont like the idea of no silkscreen version, since you can get that by using a pair of drops of paint remover)

Back