Finally!!!!

bigSEXYc

Website
Visit site
Finally i just encoded my first perfect video and its totally viewable and high quality

its That 70's Show and it totally kicks ass!!!!!!

i love showing this thing off, it feels good to be able to finally accomplish something that ive been working so hard on.

Thanks to everybody for your help and kindness thanks alot.

and even if u want i could donate my videos if wanted to doomportables

Nicely done :) - tis always brilliant when an encode works properly. The quality can get remarkably good, really :D.

Unfortunately, I don't think you could donate them to doomportables, simply because its copyrighted material, and they only deal in PD stuff. Hence why it tends to have things like adverts or the Animatrix there. Or PD Documentaries. But That 70's Show isn't, to my knowledge, in that category.

Of course, they might accept them; you never know. Still - very well done on getting them working :D

Well, certainly for a fair portion of the animatrix, you were able to download the full chapters from the site. Those of you who watch Slashdot might remember they mentioned it every time there was another release - which was nice.

However, that said, I do not know whether there was an additional licese stipulation that you had to download it from their site. Judging from the fact that it was bittorrented out, I doubt it, but hey, you never know. It could be it was intended to start life free, and then become pay after it had aired on TV. I suspect, however, that the episodes you could (and possibly still can) download from the official site are public domain, but there are an additional set only available on the DVD which aren't. Kind of like a shareware movie, almost - do whatever you like with the first bit, but the rest you pay for.

I wonder why the movie industry doesn't adopt that kind of attitude? They could probably make quite a bit by allowing people to download the first 30 minutes of a film and watch it for free - but charge for the remainder. Could work quite nicely in their favour. Maybe. Not something they'll do though...

Tobriand posted on Sep 24 2004 at 11:46 AM said:
I wonder why the movie industry doesn't adopt that kind of attitude? They could probably make quite a bit by allowing people to download the first 30 minutes of a film and watch it for free - but charge for the remainder. Could work quite nicely in their favour. Maybe. Not something they'll do though...
They did that with Shrek 2. The first 5 minutes was available to download before the film was released.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have loved to put that on GP32 theatre, but it isn't public domain and the hosting service won't allow it. I suppose it's for the better, since it can be advertised and talked about around here.

Tobriand posted on Sep 24 2004 at 11:46 AM said:
Well, certainly for a fair portion of the animatrix, you were able to download the full chapters from the site. Those of you who watch Slashdot might remember they mentioned it every time there was another release - which was nice.
They mentioned it every week I think (might have been month/fortnight) because each week they released a chapter for free. Totalling four. Out of about twelve chapters. So basically 1/3 of the film is viewable in sub-DVD quality.

I don't think they'll care much if those parts are copied around or converted because, although not public domain or anything, it only helps them. Technically they could easily have it removed; it's illegal. They haven't though.

I just hope they aren't carrying around the other chapters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here - I converted the QuickTime video for "Take Your Mamma" by the Scissor Sisters(it's available for free viewing via iTunes with 480x360 resolution).

While I could convert the QuickTime to a Divx on my Mac, playback would crash the GP32. I then booted my Thinkpad and installed VirtualDub, but could not get it to recognize the QuickTime format as a source.

I ended up using the Mac to convert from QuickTime to AVI(using the "best quality"), then I sent the AVI over to my old ThinkPad and converted it to Divx. I'm still experiementing with bit rates and frame rates. The image seems a bit dark, but other than that I've been impressed so far.

I got "1985" by Bowling for Soup and "Accidentally in Love" by Counting Crows from iTune's video collection to try once I'm done a few more test runs with "Take Your Mamma" :)

Back