Final Fantasy 5 On Squidesnes

charlieb

I've just started playing FF5 with squidgesnes and I find myself in a tricky position. I am in the ship graveyard section and whenever I go underwater all I can see is the water. I can't even see my own sprite. tried monkeying with the layers but if I remove the water layer all I get is my sprite on a black background. I assume that I'm not supposed to be stumbling around in the dark down there! I'd really like to continue playing the game as it's already quite engrosing but I cannot find my way out of the water.
Maybe someone could post a screenshot of what I should be seeing. Are there likely to be many other places where it gets impossible like this?

Cheers,
Charlie

Try out PocketSNES that Reesy recently released (it's now on version 4)
I've not tried it myself yet, but it's supposed to be fast enough AND support transparencies.

If you do an ingame save and copy the SRM file you should be able to continue your progress also. :)

I was able to get through this with squidge by using the screen shots in the guide i have. I messed with the layers until I saw my guy and then counted the squares. No idea if pocketsnes works, iguess it does.

I was able to get through this with squidge by using the screen shots in the guide i have. I messed with the layers until I saw my guy and then counted the squares. No idea if pocketsnes works, iguess it does.
Yeah, that's kinda what I was hoping to do. I have got my pocketsnes game up to the ship graveyard but not into the water yet. I will let you know how it looks.

C

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that's kinda what I was hoping to do. I have got my pocketsnes game up to the ship graveyard but not into the water yet. I will let you know how it looks.

C
Make sure transparencies are turned on in PocketSNES. That should make it display right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back