Final Fantasy 8 Battles Freezing On Caanoo

DTB1987

Still Fresh
So this is what is happening hopefully someone can help me, I got a Caanoo and downloaded PCSX Rearmed R14 and Final Fantasy 8 (i've tried this in bin/cue, bin/toc, img/ccd/sub, and ISO which i've had the most success with) and everytime i get into a battle it just freezes up and i can't move past it. I've played with different settings (clock, GPU, CPU, BIOS ect..) but out knowing why exactly this is happening its hard to know what needs to change. Also the battle music will keep playing and i can even exit to the emulator main menu.
Someone please help me i love this game and would like to be able to play it.

zapler0 said:
Do you have the "paradox patch" with your iso ?
I do not know? Im sort of new to caanoo. Is there a way to find out or download it

Last edited by a moderator:
try a different image. i finished the entire game on my caanoo a couple of months ago and just tested it again with version r14 and it still runs fine. however another game, grandia on the other hand has the problem you mentioned above but otherwise runs perfectly.

blues2 said:
try a different image. i finished the entire game on my caanoo a couple of months ago and just tested it again with version r14 and it still runs fine. however another game, grandia on the other hand has the problem you mentioned above but otherwise runs perfectly.
Can you tell me where you got your copy because i've others in other formats also did you change any settings? (Cpu, gpu, bios, ect)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back