Final Fantasy 3 W Squidgesnes

h_A_Z

Still Fresh
Hey guys. I was wondering if is it just me or the sound is very distorted when playing FF3 w squid? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

my sound is okay - the first 20 mins or so where a bit off but either im used to it now or something at the start of the game isnt happening later on.

the problem i am having is with the joystick...am at the opera scene where you have to follow the moves of another character and im really seeing how "up, down, left, right" the controller is...performing a circle move really isnt pretty.....

as i only use the gp2x for snes rpgs at the moment i hadnt noticed an issue and didnt see why people where complaining about it so much...but now i am there with them.

Euh.. Have you a 300 MHz Gp2x or a 245 like mine. FF3 isn't realy playable at 245 Mhz !

Anyway,
paxl13

it runs great for me and isnt stupidly overclocked...i actually toned down alot of the overclocking to save batteries and all is still good.

have to love the gp2x though - since purchase i have finished chrono trigger and earthbound and not read a single book.

Funny how threads transform.

I have a Mk1 and a Mk2.

The one I use all the time is the Mk2 which only does 245Mhz (which seems to be fast enough).
My Mk1 is a beast and seems to be capable of 300Mhz. It hasn't had much use though

Yeah, had the same problem with Final Fantasy 3. Strange thing is that it sounded good with 0.390 but doesn't with 0.391 and 0.392. And I love the soundtrack.

Tried your settings, but it just improved the sound a little bit. I still use 0.390, even if it sometimes refuses to save state. Oh well.

Just for curiosity. Which batteries do you guys use? (2500, 2800, 2300?) I read a topic where a dude said Super Mario All Stars didn't work with his 2800 batteries, but then it worked when he used normal ones. That's messed up.

I seem to not have the map but instead only a red dot when I am "outside" in the game. Am I the only one?

h_A_Z posted on Dec 6 2006 at 10:29 PM said:
I seem to not have the map but instead only a red dot when I am "outside" in the game. Am I the only one?

yeh, i get that too - just flip off one of the backgrounds with the volume and x/y/a/b combo and then flick it back on again...not perfect, but as am now at atma weapon it is possible to struggle through.

and yeh, i used to get through a couple of books a week on my travels, but since the gp2x arrived...terrible

Last edited by a moderator:
Back