Final Burn Alpha

Hey mate, thanx for this emu, wrks great cps2/1 im having probs with neo geo. But still trying to find files to use. Top job.

zsonance said:
Reesy - Thanks for putting this together!
tibbo - Cool title bar! I'm using it

Hey, who wants to put our heads together and create a list of all the Games that are compatible with this Caanoo version? :D

Or, maybe we could just tackle some of the games that haven't been working for some of you guys, and figure out if maybe we just need to find the right rom for it

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, that whould make finding files alot easier. And people chould enjoy it without looking for hours to find files like myself(u knw wat i mean). plz do that cus ive spent days looking for files.

sfa3.zip works
slammast.zip works
wwfwfest.zip works

that is as far as i have ventured so far... I dont really have too much knowledge on games for this platform, but am going to attempt to get Outrun running shortly. Please feel free to post your own working file names :) I guess eventually when we have a reasonable amount of confirmed working files we can then compile them all into a list

Here's a bit of an update on my finds for compatible games:

Working:

msh.zip - Marvel Super Heroes
slammast.zip - Saturday Night Slam Masters
sfa3.zip - Street Fighter Alpha 3
wwfwfest.zip - WWF Wrestlefest
wondl96.zip - Wonder League '96 (Korean)

Non-working:
bstars2.zip - Baseball Stars 2
fbfrenzy.zip - Football Frenzy
kotm.zip - King of the Monsters
kotm2.zip - King of the Monsters 2
lbowling.zip - League Bowling
opwolfb.zip - Operation Bear
outrunb.zip - Out Run
outrun2.zip - Out Run
outrun1.zip - Out Run
outrun.zip - Out Run
toutrun.zip - Turbo Out Run
toutrun2.zip - Turbo Out Run
wlstar.zip - Wonder League Star

I will update the list when I have chance to test any new games, but please feel free to copy and add your own findings to the list... I know it is only small at the moment, but it is a start :)

league bowling and king of the monsters 1 & 2 both work for me. you probably have the wrong romset.

Hi,
most of the CPS1 roms worked for me, however i should say that most of the CPS2 roms didn't work. They have graphic glitches and vertical lines are displayed all over the screen.

I tried these cps1 roms: (sorry but i dont know how to put this list correctly)

1941.zip 1941j.zip 3wonders.zip 3wonderu.zip area88.zip captcomj.zip captcomm.zip captcomu.zip cawing.zip cawingj.zip cawingr1.zip cawingu.zip chikij.zip cworld2j.zip daimakai.zip dino.zip dinoj.zip dinou.zip dynwar.zip dynwarj.zip ffight.zip ffightj.zip ffightj1.zip ffightu.zip ffightua.zip forgottn.zip ghouls.zip ghoulsu.zip knights.zip knightsj.zip knightsu.zip kod.zip kodj.zip kodu.zip lostwrld.zip mbomberj.zip mbombrd.zip mbombrdj.zip megaman.zip mercs.zip mercsj.zip mercsu.zip mercsua.zip msword.zip mswordj.zip mswordr1.zip mswordu.zip mtwins.zip nemo.zip nemoj.zip pang3.zip pang3j.zip pnickj.zip punisher.zip punishrj.zip punishru.zip qad.zip qadj.zip qtono2.zip rockmanj.zip sf2.zip sf2accp2.zip sf2ce.zip sf2cej.zip sf2ceua.zip sf2ceub.zip sf2ceuc.zip sf2eb.zip sf2hf.zip sf2j.zip sf2ja.zip sf2jc.zip sf2koryu.zip sf2m2.zip sf2m4.zip sf2m5.zip sf2m6.zip sf2m7.zip sf2rb.zip sf2rb2.zip sf2red.zip sf2t.zip sf2tj.zip sf2ua.zip sf2ub.zip sf2ud.zip sf2ue.zip sf2uf.zip sf2ui.zip sf2uk.zip sf2v004.zip sf2yyc.zip sfach.zip sfzch.zip slammast.zip slammasu.zip strider.zip striderj.zip stridrja.zip stridrua.zip unsquad.zip varth.zip varthj.zip varthr1.zip varthu.zip willow.zip willowj.zip willowje.zip wof.zip wofa.zip wofj.zip wofu.zip wonder3.zip

and my results were:

Not working roms (?)

ffightu.zip - Final Fight 900112 USA
ffightua.zip - Final Fight 900613 USA
mbombrdj.zip - Muscle bomber duo heat up warriors 931206 JAPAN
varthu.zip - operation thunderstorm 920612 USA
wonder3.zip - Wonder 3 910520 JAPAN

Sound Problems (?)

Forgottn.zip - Forgotten worlds USA
lostwrld.zip - Lost worlds JAPAN
pang3.zip - Pang! 3 950511 EURO
pang3j.zip - pang! 3 950511 JAPAN
sfach.zip - street fighter alpha 950727 CPS Changer
sfzch.zip - street fighter zero 951020 CPS Changer

also i tried roms from the wizpack and also a large number of roms didn't work. Hope that i helped.

Chadd said:
league bowling and king of the monsters 1 & 2 both work for me. you probably have the wrong romset.

Are you sure? I have tried these files from 2 different sites now and neither seem to be working for me :(

the files that I am using are:
kotm.zip
kotm2.zip
lbowling.zip

If you could point me in the right direction it really would be hugely appreciated! :)

Also, I tried using the FBACache generator, but once I converted the file from .zip to .fba it no longer appears in the games list so it cannot be selected...any ideas what i might be doing wrong or how i can get the converted .fba files to display?

Hi Reesy first off your a legend a bought the caanoo so I could play wrestlefest so thank you for allowing me to do that your a legend mate.Ok enough of the sucking up is there a way for for me to play wwf superstars of wrestling it came out before wrestlefest by the same developer and is a great game.I put the rom in the alpha emulator but it did not come up.If there is anyway to make this work it would make my collection complete.If champion such as yourself could do it ill name my first born Reesy.lol
thanks again champ

Reesy said:
Hi,

I've ported GP2X version of FBA & Capex ( frontend for FBA ) to the Caanoo.

http://reesy.gp32x.de/caanoo/fba2x.zip
http://reesy.gp32x.de/caanoo/fba2x_src.zip
http://reesy.gp32x.de/caanoo/fbacapex_src.zip

Final Burn Alpha emulates old arcade games, if you want more info use google :)

Credits go to Squidge & Headoverheels who did the original GP2X port and added all of the arm based cpu cores etc.

In-Game Controls

HOME = Start
JOYSTICK PUSH = Insert credits
L & R & HOME = exit emulator
L & R & JOYSTICK PUSH = Service Request

Later
Reesy

For anyone else that was struggling with getting certain games to work as i was, you might need to get the bios for the relevant games...can't believe I forgot that! hehe.
Jonnn for some reason Superstars doesnt work :s As you say it was out before Wrestlefest so it is a bit baffling why Wrestlefest works and Superstars doesn't but I suppose it does mean that there is every chance it will become available to us at some point :)

I'm still loving Wrestlefest! Managed to eliminate 11 people in the rumble a few days back...took me about 3 hours to do haha. God bless the bodyslam over the ropes!

Yoshi Dragon said:
I've started a spreadsheet for FBA2X Caanoo test results...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Apq0W6rm63sydFhxa18yclotV1huVVNLVXFwUnhKOHc

Feel free to update, it's open for edit.
Hmmmm, somebody messed up the test results. :huh:

I restored the sheet from yesterday night's backup. I'm wondering whether maintaining such a list in public actually works. :unsure:

Please add your name in the last column when changing a row.

tibbo said:
Chadd said:

Are you sure? I have tried these files from 2 different sites now and neither seem to be working for me :(

the files that I am using are:
kotm.zip
kotm2.zip
lbowling.zip

If you could point me in the right direction it really would be hugely appreciated! :)

Also, I tried using the FBACache generator, but once I converted the file from .zip to .fba it no longer appears in the games list so it cannot be selected...any ideas what i might be doing wrong or how i can get the converted .fba files to display?

I got my roms from a torrent. my kotm.zip is 4.07mb and kotm2 is 5.51mb and lbowling is 1.78mb. try searching for pro FBA cps1 and cps2 roms.

Mmmonster said:
Hi,
most of the CPS1 roms worked for me, however i should say that most of the CPS2 roms didn't work. They have graphic glitches and vertical lines are displayed all over the screen.

I tried these cps1 roms: (sorry but i dont know how to put this list correctly)

1941.zip 1941j.zip 3wonders.zip 3wonderu.zip area88.zip captcomj.zip captcomm.zip captcomu.zip cawing.zip cawingj.zip cawingr1.zip cawingu.zip chikij.zip cworld2j.zip daimakai.zip dino.zip dinoj.zip dinou.zip dynwar.zip dynwarj.zip ffight.zip ffightj.zip ffightj1.zip ffightu.zip ffightua.zip forgottn.zip ghouls.zip ghoulsu.zip knights.zip knightsj.zip knightsu.zip kod.zip kodj.zip kodu.zip lostwrld.zip mbomberj.zip mbombrd.zip mbombrdj.zip megaman.zip mercs.zip mercsj.zip mercsu.zip mercsua.zip msword.zip mswordj.zip mswordr1.zip mswordu.zip mtwins.zip nemo.zip nemoj.zip pang3.zip pang3j.zip pnickj.zip punisher.zip punishrj.zip punishru.zip qad.zip qadj.zip qtono2.zip rockmanj.zip sf2.zip sf2accp2.zip sf2ce.zip sf2cej.zip sf2ceua.zip sf2ceub.zip sf2ceuc.zip sf2eb.zip sf2hf.zip sf2j.zip sf2ja.zip sf2jc.zip sf2koryu.zip sf2m2.zip sf2m4.zip sf2m5.zip sf2m6.zip sf2m7.zip sf2rb.zip sf2rb2.zip sf2red.zip sf2t.zip sf2tj.zip sf2ua.zip sf2ub.zip sf2ud.zip sf2ue.zip sf2uf.zip sf2ui.zip sf2uk.zip sf2v004.zip sf2yyc.zip sfach.zip sfzch.zip slammast.zip slammasu.zip strider.zip striderj.zip stridrja.zip stridrua.zip unsquad.zip varth.zip varthj.zip varthr1.zip varthu.zip willow.zip willowj.zip willowje.zip wof.zip wofa.zip wofj.zip wofu.zip wonder3.zip

and my results were:

Not working roms (?)

ffightu.zip - Final Fight 900112 USA
ffightua.zip - Final Fight 900613 USA
mbombrdj.zip - Muscle bomber duo heat up warriors 931206 JAPAN
varthu.zip - operation thunderstorm 920612 USA
wonder3.zip - Wonder 3 910520 JAPAN

Sound Problems (?)

Forgottn.zip - Forgotten worlds USA
lostwrld.zip - Lost worlds JAPAN
pang3.zip - Pang! 3 950511 EURO
pang3j.zip - pang! 3 950511 JAPAN
sfach.zip - street fighter alpha 950727 CPS Changer
sfzch.zip - street fighter zero 951020 CPS Changer

also i tried roms from the wizpack and also a large number of roms didn't work. Hope that i helped.

Hey man, I noticed that too in some CPS2 games for Example MARVEL SUPER HEROES

I have all of the different files (Asia, Japan, USA, etc..)
The only one that works for me without the graphical glitches is the Hispanic version of the game. These are the types of the things that need to go in that spreadsheet if Yoshi can figure out a way to stop it from getting messed up by someone :p

As for the different romset versions,

How are we supposed to know what the versions are? If you get them from different sites, they all just seem to be the same file with the same name. I guess you just have to try as many of them as you can? Seems like a WHOOLE lot of work for the spreadsheet, but it seems to be worth it to download off multiple sites if you kind of have your eyes set on playing one specific favorite game.

But, as far as these CPS2 fighter games, make sure to test all of them.. (JAPAN, ASIA, EUROPE.. etc)
because some of them work, and some of them don't.

Haven't gotten into the King Of Fighters games for FBA , hope they all work great :)

A new version with support to Thunder Hoop:

FBA Thunder Hoop

placa_jamma_thunder_hoop_1.jpg

Is the only difference with the new version that it now supports Thunder Hoop? If so I probably wont bother changing everything as it seems to be running nicely now...
Are there any other games supported with this new version?

So far, this new version sucks. Bad. Can't get anything to run on it.

Reinstalling old version now.

Back