Final Burn Alpha

I can't seem to navigate the menu at all. "L" advances through the rom list, "A," seems to go back, and nothing at all seems to start the game. The game list flickers as well. Help appreciated.

It sounds like your system is not picking up the unofficial SDL lib that should be in the install dir. This lib is a god send, it adds double buffering support for the display (stops flickering) and the Caanoo controls are also mapped to match the GP2X (including UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT).

Could you check that the following file is in your install dir?

libSDL-1.2.so.0
It should be 266KB in size and be dated 12/03/2011

If you do have this file then the only thing I can suggest is re-formatting your SD and trying again.

First off thanks to Reesy for contributing to this great device! Just wondering what FBA does that Mame4all doesnt? As someone who never owned a GPH device before the caanoo Im curious what Ive been missing out on.

I believe ( but I could be wrong ) that FBA supports newer rom sets for a select number of roms. Mame4all is only compatible with an older version of the rom sets which are harder to come by but Mame4all supports alot more roms than FBA.

Thanks for the advice. I fixed the menu problems I had by running FBA from a clean card without gmenu installed. However, all the games I try to launch now crash to the main screen. I'll keep messing with it.

SML said:
Thanks for the advice. I fixed the menu problems I had by running FBA from a clean card without gmenu installed. However, all the games I try to launch now crash to the main screen. I'll keep messing with it.

Yeah you will get that a lot, FBA outputs reasons why the roms are not loading but you can not see them as the errors go to the console. If you are having problems I would suggest connecting to your caanoo via telnet & usb network etc. You can then run the app via the console and you will get all of the useful error messages.

Most of the reasons why roms do not load are to do with missing parent roms or missing bios files (neogeo.zip).

Last edited by a moderator:
I tested marvel vs. capcom but screen don't fit is cropped on the sides is normal? or i'm doing something wrong?

In the settings screen in Capex ( press II ), you need to change the window setting to either Software or Hardware Scaling ( note: Hardware Scaling is still actually software scaling). If you launch the game now the screen will be scaled to fit the Caanoo screen...However..

There is a bug in Capex where the Window setting is not being saved, so for the time being you will need to set the Window setting everytime you start a game (that requires scaling ). I'll fix this issue at some point but at the moment I'm considering just implementing a menu system inside of FBA as it will makes things easier...I've not decided yet.

Thanx again Reesy !

How can we know which version of roms are compatible with FBA ?

I tried the archive in newsweez, and some of them don't work.

How the hell do I change the controls and screen layout (vertical/horizontal) on this emulator?

OH MY GOD! This is the best christmas present ever! thank you so so much for all of your hard work on this Reesy! I can finally play my beloved Wrestlefest on my Caanoo! Hurrah! :) Really can't explain how happy I am! You sir are a complete and utter legend!

Ok, sorry for the double post, but i wanted to quickly try and give something back to this awesome community :) I'm no use at all when it comes to development/coding, but i realise not everyone is able to create their own graphics, so I have quickly created this menu-banner for the awesome new FBA port to match the style of the ones pre-created in the wonderful starter pack from BAFelton... Please feel free to use it if you want :) Thanks again for all of the hard work Reesy!

Excellent, thanks BAFelton! :) I know from experience that your Starter Kit really is the ideal tool for the Caanoo Newb such as myself :) great work!

darklight1138 said:
Can anyone get Prehistoric Isle 1/2 and Afterburner 1/2 to work?
I wish the Afterburners would work but alas I couldn't get them working either. I've also been trying to get Knights of Valor to work with no luck. I think some games have never worked on these FBA ports even though they're on the compatability list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello!

I have e big problem with cps2 roms.

Every other roms work fine (cps1, etc...) but everytime I start a CPS2 rom I have huge graphic glitches.( colored vertical lines, sometimes on sprites, sometimes on the background).

I tried o lot of solutions: new SD card (3 times :) ), changing options (software, hardware rescaller, no rescalling, every variables of overclockin) fresh installs... But no changes.

Another person is getting the same bug on this forum: http://caanoo.forumactif.org/t2387p15-cps1_miniset#18064

And as he speaks english he could explain this bug better than me :)

Reesy - Thanks for putting this together!
tibbo - Cool title bar! I'm using it

Hey, who wants to put our heads together and create a list of all the Games that are compatible with this Caanoo version? :D

Or, maybe we could just tackle some of the games that haven't been working for some of you guys, and figure out if maybe we just need to find the right rom for it

Hey mate, thanx for this emu, wrks great cps2/1 not so good for neo geo. But still trying to find files to use. Top job.

Back