Fgen32 W.i.p

Last edited by a moderator:
in some games :)

but anyway, sound in sonic 1 is really great already! :) this emulator will totally kick ass :) (which it does already - ain't life great? :p)

Here you have the translation of the new that have appeared in gp32spain:

"03/06/2004 - fGen32 beta WIP 01/06/04
Last private betas from the emu are really impresive. Last version uses the cyclone 0.070 core and the video is 66% optimized (?). Morover, (Rlyeh) has solved a lot of bugs. The emu speed is,at the current status, incredible, what makes me predict that sooner than we think we will be able to enjoy the first Genesis emu fullspeed with sound.

According to rlyeh, next versions will include the z80 ASM core from reesy and the ASM sound core from rob. Once coded, (rlyeh) will release a public beta"

Cant wait to play Thunderforce 4 or Streets of rage3 with sound!!!

There's *two* Z80 ASM cores? Where is the other one?

You need the latest fgen, version'f' i think, i assume 'f' stands for fast :)

Dave, there is reesys z80 from DRsms and also Hives from zxadvance, both on the GBA and both in arm. Then there is probably one in the GBA arcade emu too in gbax2004. Not to mention the commercial sms emu on the GBA. Thats 4 :) I wonder which is the fastest.

If you mean Robs asm core, it is the MD sound code in asm probably to be tied up with reesys core.

Rob did the sound engine in doom, and rather excellent it was too.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

I mean this is wonderful. Ryleh is known to hit a project and keep hammering at it, but due to certain events he was knocked back it a bit and laid off the project for a while ... now he's back and look what happens. It's just so much better than the Christmas beta, in terms of speed.

What is really annoying is that approximately 2-3 weeks ago many people were saying the GP32 project was dying and wasn't as good as it had been previously....
(Don't try and argue with me over this as it has been argued about many times before!!!)

anyway...

getting the thread back on topic...

w00t genesis w00t!

:D

i think yoyos hinted that we may see an update on june 10th

getting the thread back on topic...

w00t genesis w00t!
June 10th eh? That would be awesome. Man been playing the new Fgen every day its great. Playing games with sound properly now, trying to finish them :)

fGen seems faster to me; it's running Sonic 3 & Knuckles at 80% speed at FS0, 110% at FS1, and nearly 150% at FS2 (all timed against a real clock). Gigadrive runs it at around 20FPS (FS2). The general rule seems to be that fGen ar 166MHz can run games with one less frameskip than Gigadrive.
TandeM, are you having any problems with save states?

It seems that every time i load from SIII&K i get a translation error and have to reboot my gp!

Anyone else suffering this in any games, how would i report this to ryleh?
If you're on the mailing-list, just report it there. S3&K is an all-region (JUE) ROM, right? Don't know what a 'translation error' would be with that...

Only problem I've had with save/load is trying to load a state immediately after loading a ROM, which usually gets me a reboot. Waiting for the first logo/title screen to appear before loading seems good enough.

thanks
i was wondering about whether to sign up for the mailing list
that was the final push i needed

Back