Fgen32 W.i.p. News!

spray

PSP pwner
Website
Visit site
Rlyeh has released some news on fgen32,

from gp32spain.com:

Rlyeh sigue incansable con su fGen32. La última beta privada (con fecha de ayer) incorpora muchas novedades. Para empezar, yo diría que ha mejorado aún más la velocidad del emulador y sin duda va mucho más "suave" y es mucho más compatible. Además incorpora un sistema de savestates animados que es la repera

Según comenta Rlyeh, robbrown -que antes ya había trabajado con el sonido del GPDoom y también conocido por las ampliaciones de memoria- está trabajando en optimizar el sonido del emulador y se encuentran a la espera de que Dave saque una nueva versión del core. También esperan optimizar aún más el vídeo.

A ver si se anima y saca una beta pública un día de estos...

Babelfish translation:

Rlyeh follows with his fGen32 untiring.

The last private beta (with date of yesterday) incorporates many new features. In order to begin, I would say that she has still more improved the speed of the emulator and without a doubt goes "suave" much more; and he is much more compatible.

In addition he incorporates a system of savestates animated that is the repera According to he comments Rlyeh, robbrown - that before already had worked with the sound of the GPDoom and also known by the extensions of memory it is working in optimizing the sound of the emulator and they are to the delay that Dave removes a new version of Core.

Also they hope to optimize the video still more. To see if a day of these is animated and removed to a public beta...

Sounds very very promising, save states, sound and increased compatibility!

I don't speak Spanish but I guess my Portuguese will do. Let's see:

"Rlyeh is tirelessly moving on with his fGen32. The last private beta (yesterday's date) incorporates several new things. To begin, I would say that the emulator speed has improved even more and without any doubt it is much more "smooth" and compatible. In addition it incorporates an animated(?) savestates system which is amazing.

Rlyeh also mentioned that robbrown - which previously worked with GPDoom's sound and the [GP] memory expansions - is working on optimizing sound on the emulator. Both are waiting for Dave to release a new version of the [cyclone] core and also expect to optimize video some more.

Hopefully a public beta will be released on of these days..."

And by the way, comments on the GP32Spain message board mention that what is dragging down the emulator at the moment is the sound system. Let's see how the optimizations will be.
Another interesting thing mentioned on the board - the megadrive had a resolution that resembled more GP32's own resolution (320 x 224) than the SNES' resolution. Also, generally only three buttons and start were used, so there will be less buttons "missing" as if compared with SNES games.

Good luck to Rlyeh, robbrown and Dave - this is certainly an exciting project!!!

Animated save states is what you have not seen in many emulators even for PC :) Hard to describe :) but you can be sure it looks and works great :))

@Phoda, thanks so much for the translation!

This is brilliant! Me thinks we have a possible stage stealer once the re-submitted GBAX2004 apps are released.

Big up to Rlyeh, Dave and now Robbrown!

Any chance of a front page post hando? (would be my second contribution, first being the fpse rumour thingy)

Phil posted on May 18 2004 at 06:56 PM said:
save states make games too easy, im happy pcengine doesn't have em or else i'd use them and be a sellout.
That's all very well for home gaming but for the playing games on the move, as with GP32, some kind of save is necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
WhizzBang posted on May 18 2004 at 06:59 PM said:
Phil posted on May 18 2004 at 06:56 PM said:
save states make games too easy, im happy pcengine doesn't have em or else i'd use them and be a sellout.
That's all very well for home gaming but for the playing games on the move, as with GP32, some kind of save is necessary.
Totally agree there.

back in the day it was quite ok for me to go over to my friends house and spend a sunday playing through some sonic games.

now i just don't have that luxury, save states have opened up a whole new way of gaming on os9xgp as i play my way through Donkey Kong III and mario all stars during the odd frees i have and other snatches of time.

SAVE STATES ROCK \m/

I'm looking forward to this, sonic 1 music, oh yay indeed

save states are useful to have on a portable system but allow for completing the game much quicker, saving from a certain point like a midway point would be a better thing to have but probably impossible to code

Wildheart Baby posted on May 18 2004 at 07:06 PM said:
save states are useful to have on a portable system but allow for completing the game much quicker
Yes, but on the GP32, that's good! We have tens of thousands of different games we can play, so finishing one quickly lets us get on to another one!

mr twit posted on May 18 2004 at 03:12 PM said:
Yes, but on the GP32, that's good! We have tens of thousands of different games we can play, so finishing one quickly lets us get on to another one!
I love my gp :D . I cant wait for this beta to go public...

I love my gp32 as well. gp32_console :wub: I can't wait for a good genesis emulator to be released.

Back