Fgen32 Public Beta @ Http://www.retrodev.info/

ANyone else have the flickering. I want to know so I know whether its worth running down to the shop to get a decent pair of duracell ultras if its the cheaps batteries causing it.

OH MY GOD, ONLY YESTERDAY I PUT GIGADRIVE ONTO MY SMC AND POSTED ABOUT MEGADRIVE SAVESTATES THIS IS A DREAM COME TRUE SUCH AN AMAZING EMULATOR...

Now the main reason that this is so good.

Toejam and earl + savestates means maybe i can actually complete it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With perfect sound as well.. oh my god this rules!

best games of genesis are story of thor (good action rpg with very good graphics too), gunstar heroes (very good action game) castlevania(...) phantasy star 4 is very bopring....better monster world 4 (wonder boy 5 e 6) B)

i would donate but i don't have a paypal account yet and also i'm very poor, but this emu kicks ass :D

shining force 2 just resets the gp32_console does this happen to neone else?

While i was waiting for a reply I brought some(asked my nexxxt door neibor what lessons we had at school tommorow, while he looked through his bag for his timetalble I knicked his gba batteries) and will test them in a min.

birdofprey posted on Jul 1 2004 at 06:04 PM said:
OH MY GOD, ONLY YESTERDAY I PUT GIGADRIVE ONTO MY SMC AND POSTED ABOUT MEGADRIVE SAVESTATES THIS IS A DREAM COME TRUE SUCH AN AMAZING EMULATOR...

Toejam and earl + savestates means maybe i can actually complete it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With perfect sound as well.. oh my god this rules!
Does this have full sound in all games? (at work can't test) Z80? Or is it just partial sound on a few games like gigadrive?

Last edited by a moderator:
Batterys make no difference. I believe I have a corrupt rom. I know I shouldn't ask this but could some one personal message me wit ha link to a non-corrupt sonic1 rom.

DaveC posted on Jul 1 2004 at 06:17 PM said:
birdofprey posted on Jul 1 2004 at 06:04 PM said:

Does this have full sound in all games? (at work can't test) Z80? Or is it just partial sound on a few games like gigadrive?
it's full sound on alot more games than gigadrive but not all of them

sam fisher posted on Jul 1 2004 at 07:25 PM said:
Batterys make no difference. I believe I have a corrupt rom. I know I shouldn't ask this but could some one personal message me wit ha link to a non-corrupt sonic1 rom.
To be sure he should use goodgen or clrmame with the goodgen dat.

None of the games that dont have sound in Gigadrive have sound here :(

Not that I've found. The sound that IS there is much better though. Just no 'drum' (white noise) type sounds. But more than just square waves this time :)

Hmm, pity it still doesn't play Dune properly (something wrong with the timer or something, everything happens 20x as fast as it should) nor Gods (reboots after menu) But I'm guessing those are core problems?

Edit:

Might 'n Magic III doesn't work either: Could not initialize Battery RAM.
Syndicate hangs at the Electronic Arts logo.
And Warlock worked fine in earlier beta's, but the top bar (With health 'n stuff) is now corrupt...

Probably just my luck finding 5 games that don't work (properly). Other then that, this is ACE! (I still have plenty of games left that DO work :p)

So what kind of speed are we looking at here people? I might just buy a GP32 at this point. I've been eying it and the Zodiac for a while, but the Zodiac seems to be falling apart and the GP32 seems to be getting better and better. The Zodiac was too expensive anyway...

[Offtopic] Did Yoyo say he was going to leave the Zodiac scene after his next update, or was that just a rumor?

Back