Fgb32

DRK

Hi!
Everytime i put new GB roms in the GB dir, all the Savegames (Sram + quicksaves) will dissappear.
The files are still there, but the emu creates new.
It looks like the CRCss have changed.
Can someone help me?

well, this is becasue fGB32 somehow implements the position of the game (the menu position) into the number that is used for the saves! There is an easy way around: don´t put new gb game son your SMC.

That happens to me too. I have since put any new games in the directory, for the fear that I will lose all my current progress. I don't know how to fix it, or why it happens. The only inkling is that I noticed the saved games are named as numbers pertaining to addresses in the fgb browser memory. Adding or deleting a game to the list changes the entire list, and it rewrites the browser memory addresses to new ones, thus making all the savegames void.

I guess its something the author didn't get around to fixing, or just wrote the code that way to get it to work, and then fix it in the future.

DSRAA

If you add a Z before the name of the game you are adding to the list it shouldn't mess up those games above the letter Z. The saves doesn't disappear, they just use a different name, so if you are anxious to get them back you can rename them to the new name (takes some trial and error to get the right name though).

I don´t think this method works, because fGB32 is using goodnames. So Kwirk will ALWAYS be in front of Zelda, even if you rename Kwirk.zip to ZKwirk.zip

Back