Ffs Car Accident

Ravnos posted on Dec 17 2006 at 12:13 AM said:
nickspoon posted on Dec 16 2006 at 03:30 PM said:
Ravnos posted on Dec 16 2006 at 08:06 PM said:
"Off-road-style" at hahaha. You Brits are so naive. The only time Suburbans go off-road is when they're parking in an unpaved driveway. It's called a "Suburban" cause only soccer moms and rich white men with mid-life crises drive them, and these people always live in the suburbs.
I think you'll find that it's not that Brits are naive, but the majority of the American public are stupid*. What are enormous, fuel-guzzling four-wheel-drive vehicles meant for? Whatever it is, I guarantee it's not what you lot are using it for. That's what I was pointing out.
No, they are actually designed for driving around town or on the highway, guzzling gallons of gas. Very few SUVs actually have any real off-road capability, but they sure do look rugged. :rolleyes:
Does it set fire to trees as you drive past?

Last edited by a moderator:
nickspoon posted on Dec 16 2006 at 04:30 PM said:
"Off-road-style" at hahaha. You Brits are so naive. The only time Suburbans go off-road is when they're parking in an unpaved driveway. It's called a "Suburban" cause only soccer moms and rich white men with mid-life crises drive them, and these people always live in the suburbs.
I think you'll find that it's not that Brits are naive, but the majority of the American public are stupid*. What are enormous, fuel-guzzling four-wheel-drive vehicles meant for? Whatever it is, I guarantee it's not what you lot are using it for. That's what I was pointing out.

*Not meaning to be anti-American - most British people are stupid too, but at least they don't use vehicles you could fit a whale in to take kids to school - for the most part.

We need those enormous fuel guzzlers to fit our ever-so expanding big fat American asses in.

nickspoon posted on Dec 17 2006 at 04:56 AM said:
Does it set fire to trees as you drive past?
There are no trees in North America. They have all been cut down to make room for ever-expanding suburbia.

craigix posted on Dec 16 2006 at 10:09 PM said:
I'm going to try to get my car back as I don't think they will give a decent price for it, I bet book is <£500 which is a shame as it does not take into consideration of the condition, work done etc.

Not on classic car agreed value insurance I take it....? Having said that, I suspect I'm paying extra for agreed value but they would still screw me if I actually tried to claim that amount.

Really pleased to hear that you are pretty much ok give or take a sore neck as, without wanting to be overly dramatic, that kind of scenario can easily lead to multiple pile up inferno. I might start putting my hazards on in such situations in future. Mind you - even hazards are hard to see if you are looking entirely the wrong way.

Has she apologised for ramming you up the rear? ho ho

it does not take into consideration of the condition, work done etc
That must be devastating, my thoughts are with you, and although I'm not a fan of the compensation culture, I believe you will certainly deserve it.

Sorry to hear about the fender bender craig & I'm glad you came out of it pretty much in one piece.
Why the hell people always rubberneck to try & see what's happenend at an accident site is beyond me.

I hope the bloody idiot looses her licence :(

Goemon4 posted on Dec 14 2006 at 03:58 PM said:
wait why was a blind woman driving? :huh:

(btw what kinda car were you in? you grabbed my attention with the word classic)

Thread win.

nickspoon posted on Dec 16 2006 at 04:30 PM said:

*Not meaning to be anti-American - most British people are stupid too, but at least they don't use vehicles you could fit a whale in to take kids to school - for the most part.

Seems like I'm the one American (of the USA variety) person I know that doesn't want a big car. In fact, I'm actually getting a classic Mini here soon, one of the ones made by British Leyland in factory LHD, so I don't have to learn to drive a manual transmission while getting used to sitting on the other side of the car as well. I've read that those cars typically get more than 40 miles to the gallon, which is a big plus. My current car gets somewhere between 25 and 30.

Is it legal to drive a car with British layout in the US?

- Alex

Alex. posted on Dec 26 2006 at 02:45 PM said:
Is it legal to drive a car with British layout in the US?

- Alex
Right-hand drive is perfectly legal in most N. American jurisdictions. I think in most cases you just have to jump through a few hoops to make sure they meet local safety and emissions standards. There are a bunch of Nissan Skylines in Edmonton, for example, a car that was never sold in the Canadian or U.S. markets.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Dec 26 2006 at 10:58 PM said:
There are many mail/UPS trucks that have the wheel on the right side, so I would imagine it would be OK...
Lol, delivering from England :D

sam fisher posted on Dec 26 2006 at 05:11 PM said:
There are many mail/UPS trucks that have the wheel on the right side, so I would imagine it would be OK...

They make 'em like that so that the postal workers don't have to leave the trucks in order to place mail in curbside mail boxes.

craigix posted on Dec 16 2006 at 12:53 PM said:
The 5 although hit at 60mph was actually still running after the accident which I thought was amazing, they don't build them like that anymore.
There is a good reason they don't - it is much safer to have a car which will crumple and absorb the energy from the collision than one which is totally rigid. Had you been in a more modern car, you may not have been so badly injured...

jmetal88 posted on Dec 27 2006 at 05:10 PM said:
sam fisher posted on Dec 26 2006 at 05:11 PM said:

They make 'em like that so that the postal workers don't have to leave the trucks in order to place mail in curbside mail boxes.
haha yes I know, but obviously they're legal!

If i'd been in a modern small car I think the impact would have came into the cabin and into the back of my seat, the ambulance workers said the size of the car saved me from more serious injury and i'm happy with what I got considering the speed of the impact :)

I'm mostly better now, still getting slight headaches but my forehead has healed up fine. Back seems bad though, having problems getting to sleep because I can't get in a position where it does not hurt randomly.

Oh well, now it is time to negotiate the compensation...

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Dec 28 2006 at 02:15 AM said:
SUE THE SHIT OUT OF EM
This isn't America, we don't "Sue" people. We seek reimbersment for physical or intellectual damages. It's quite different you know :rolleyes:

sam fisher posted on Dec 27 2006 at 10:45 PM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Dec 28 2006 at 02:15 AM said:
SUE THE SHIT OUT OF EM
This isn't America, we don't "Sue" people. We seek reimbersment for physical or intellectual damages. It's quite different you know :rolleyes:

We do that too, but we're too lazy to type/say all that stuff ... "Sue" has a nice, one-syllable punch to it :p

Back