Few Q's

richiz

I've got the latest snes emu off OH but it now asks me to clock at 600 when the other emulator ran fine at 500.(one with the crashing save states).

Also the one with the crashing save states let me play mp3s through exaile with no slow down whatsoever at 500 but the new one slows down at 600 :(

The newer emu at 600 maybe needing more resources than the prior code. You should experiment with higher OC to see if you can find an acceptable level where Exaile can still play happily in the background. It should offer you to set a custom level.

Oh also when you use any music player it kills the ingame sound :(

Also picking roms sucks because if you have a lot of roms you have to hold the down key for two days

Also picking roms sucks because if you have a lot of roms you have to hold the down key for two days

I "fixed" this by making folders for the different genres. It's very convenient in my opinion.

But of course it would be good if you could just type the first letters of the game.

You can also skip entire pages by pressing left and right, or skip a large chunk by pressing the first letter of the game to go there.

if(button pressed is a letter)

{

while(current item[0]!=pressed letter)

current item++;

display list at(current item)

}

i know very little about coding but from what i can tell of this, its awesome, simple elegant and awesome, now how does it get implimented? do you essentially tie in this code for specific folders? sry for noob questions

i know very little about coding but from what i can tell of this, its awesome, simple elegant and awesome, now how does it get implimented? do you essentially tie in this code for specific folders? sry for noob questions

:D that's a very simplified version, but it should be able to do it pretty cleanly

this relies on the fact that somewhere in the code, the contents of the current directory is read into some form of array/list, so where the normal up/down/pageup/pagedown input code is, you should be able to just slap something along those lines in.

disclaimer: i haven't looked at the specific source in question and don't have any time to either, so it's mainly speculation. That said i'd like to know how it's being done if it's using some insane method for displaying file lists (such as reading teh itenms one by one, rendering them to a surface, then scrolling the surface up and down XD)

:D that's a very simplified version, but it should be able to do it pretty cleanly

this relies on the fact that somewhere in the code, the contents of the current directory is read into some form of array/list, so where the normal up/down/pageup/pagedown input code is, you should be able to just slap something along those lines in.
I repeat myself:

You can also skip entire pages by pressing left and right, or skip a large chunk by pressing the first letter of the game to go there.
It's already been done, for a long time now. :p

Back