Fedora?

lhn555

Still Fresh
I was wondering what the progress of Fedora is, because I'd love to run this window manager called "Sugar" (check out sugarlabs.org). It's an educational and interesting window manager. Also, Fedora is freaking awesome. ^_^

I don't know of anyone working on it. What specifically is "awesome" about this distro and how is it better than slackware/debian?

The only use I can see is for training for RHCSA/RHCE, but that really requires a KVM capable PC for the virtual machine setup practice.

I did try booting a CentOS dvd iso in Qemu, but that failed as their kernel requires some instructions not supported by pandora Qemu.

If anyone can reccommend a cheap VPS hosting for Red Hat practice, that would help me.

I had an earlier version of Fedora ARM port boot on the Pandora, but It would need some major work to get working right.. I had to plug in an external keyboard as the proper Pandora keymap wasn't there, no PND system, no 3D graphics, I don't think I even got an X session working properly. The regular Fedora ARM build seemed sluggish too, so maybe it may be a bit better with FedoraMini. However with my busy work schedule, It was a bit too much for me to try to make a proper port. I personally really like Linux-Swat's Pandora Slackware build it fills the full Linux distribution niche for me.

Not dismissing that it could be done, just would need a bit of work to get on the Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back