Virtual Dub Movie Speed

Rainman

Still Fresh
Ok I have a skate video of mine on my comp. And for those of you that don't know, skate videos are commonly very high speed and basically full of quick action. So my question is this;

What can I do in virtualdub to get my skatevideo to play at a decent rate? It seems to go too slow when I load it up after it's been decompressed.

:(

How many FPS (frames per second) is the film, moviepark can only handle 10FPS so if it is 30 you will have to go into a menu(forget which one) and decimate the film, DO NOT just change the FPS you must decimate it by a certain number so the new FPS equals 10, so if 30 then decimate by 3 or for 50 by 5.

I hope that helps, and if you really need it i'll find the menu for you.

Hi,

I have just recently copied over some video using virtual dub, And if i remember correctly. In compression, Select Divx Codec 4.12, Then click configure And in the performance/quality box change the setting from slowest to a higher one. How high depends on the speed/motion in the video.

Try, And see what works best for you. :)

Regards

Trooper

Hi,

Just thought i would post a link to the guide i followed and i must say i am very pleased with the results.

This is slightly different from the official guide on joyGP, But the results are much better.

Here the link gp32emu.

Hope this helps. :)

Regards

Trooper

Yeah I've memorized the tutorials :D

Unfortunately the problem remains.

Ah well. Back to South Park I guess ;)

Back