Fceultra And The Mysterious Cht Files

GoblinX

Still Fresh
Hiya folks. I've got my FCEultra thing setup right. I want to make CHT files for games I like to play. I used the windows FCEultra and used the game genie option in it. This let me put in game genie codes, and saved them as cht files. Needless to say, this files don't work on the FCEultra version for GP2X. Do I have another option for making them? I'm pretty horrid with hex editing.

I used a cheat at the ZD archive and it worked fine. I also tried it with regular codes added to the file via fceu and then transferred to GP2X and it worked as well. GG seems to be quirky. Doesn't work all the time. You can find more cheats here.

From cheats.html :

Cheats are stored in the "cheats" subdirectory under the base FCE Ultra directory. The files are in a simple plain-text format. Each line represents a one-byte memory patch. The format is as follows(text in brackets [] represents optional parameters):

[C][:]Address(hex):Value(hex):[Compare value:]Description

Example:

040e:05:Infinite super power.

A colon:)) near the beginning of the line is used to disable the cheat. "S" denotes a cheat that is a read-substitute-style cheat(such as with Game Genie cheats), and a "C" denotes that the cheat has a compare value.

Back