Gpfce Game Genie Help

myshadow

Still Fresh
okay so from what ive read its supposed to be possible to download a game genie rom and then turn on the gg option in the fce ultra section of the gpfce emulator. now the read me says
"For cheating you can ether use the authentic game genie support, or the .cht files.". To use authentic game genie, place appropriate gg.rom into <where_you_put_gpfce>/fceultra. Use the FCE Ultra option menu or -gg on commandline to activate the game genie rom. The ROM image may either be the 24592 byte iNES-format image, or the 4352 byte raw ROM image.
does this mean all i have to do is download the right file, put it in the proper place and enable the gg option in the emulator? the only gg rom i have been able to find is one that works like a game, you load it like any other rom and you get the screen with 3 lines and the letters to choose from but as far as i can tell there isnt any way to apply the cheats to another rom.
does anybody have any advice for me? thanx

Um, I know I'm probably digging this thread up, but I can't find the answer either.

At http://www.unicorn-jockey.com/faq.html it says 'For GameGenie support, put gg.rom in /mnt/sd/roms/nes/fceultra' did that didn't work.

At http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/GPFCE it says 'For GameGenie support, put gg.rom in /mnt/sd/roms/nes/fceultra'. This I did a few ways, I put it in the folder that gpfce was installed, didn't work. Then I put it where I put gpfce.gpe was installed, didn't work.

I'm sure I'm just missing something really really simple, but I can't figure it out.

Thanx,
Stan

Why wouldn't you just check the readme?

To use authentic game genie, place appropriate gg.rom into
<where_you_put_gpfce>/fceultra.
Use the FCE Ultra option menu or -gg on commandline to activate the game genie rom.
The ROM image may either be the 24592 byte iNES-format image, or the 4352
byte raw ROM image.

second exodous said:
I'm sure I'm just missing something really really simple, but I can't figure it out.
As notaz pointed out, after the gg.rom is in the dir you have to enable it in the "FCE Ultra options" via "Enable authentic gamegenie".

I compiled myself the NES gg collection (481 games) and put it as a txt file on my SD so I can look up codes when I play. Too bad I can't post since the thing has copyright. You can find parts of it online.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops, I found out why it wasn't working, it was because my game genie rom was name gg.nes an not gg.rom. It works now. Thanx for all the help.

Thanx,
Stan

Hey i need help i have gpfce 0.3.2 and gg.rom on my symbian n73 but it is not working and also download link for gg.rom?

Back