Favorite war movie?

Favorite war movie genre?

• American Revolutionary War

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Korean War

• Ancient Wars (Roman, Greek)

• Other American wars (Spanish-American, French & Indian, War of 1812, etc)

• Total voters

USA is apparently the only country to ever be in wars according to poll. I'll pick The Whistleblower, something that at least shows USA in the correct way.
How so?  Only three of the options are American wars, others include 2 whole worlds(!), Korea, Vietnam, the Mediterranean, and others.

USA is apparently the only country to ever be in wars according to poll. I'll pick The Whistleblower, something that at least shows USA in the correct way.
How so?  Only three of the options are American wars, others include 2 whole worlds(!), Korea, Vietnam, the Mediterranean, and others.
True dat.

Also, I'm open to suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tough choice between Star Wars or the Shadow War

As much as I am a huge Star Wars fan, I'd like to make clear that I'm not talking about science fiction - only movies portraying historical wars.
Most if not all movies aboit war are bullshit. Its like comparing disneyland with the real world.
Disneyland is sorta like the real world.  Those who run everything want to take all the money of the masses; on the surface things might look nice and fancy, but it is all bullshit and completely different if you look a little deeper;  too many people care too much about what everyone else does or thinks.

5132cchr8elss500889a312.jpg
you kill me

Wait, War Games was listed, so that means the Cold War should also be listed.  That opens up a lot of stuff for me.

True dat.

I guess he is getting at that most options include U.S (direct military) participation, unlike the Arab-Israeli war of 1948 or the War of the Sixth Coalition, etc. But I'm not sure why someone is eager to see certain wars in a list, but then again I miss the point of this thread too.
Edit: Missed the "acient wars" option, so replaced all with most

My favourite war movie will always be "The Thin Red Line", which I have seen again for the whateverst time today.

My favourite war movie genre is the anti-war movie genre of course. ;)

I prefer anti-war movies. Like All Quiet on the Western Front
And still you haven't mentioned this masterpiece. :eek:

I tend to prefer theatrical releases to extended/director's cuts in almost every case.
The 'reconstruction' of The Big Red One is not strictly a director's cut, being assembled after the director's death, but it's an extended cut of a movie I'd recommend anyone who's not completely averse to war movies to watch. Some of the restored cuts are so awesome, it's a mystery as to why they were cut originally.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/YkSmTPfh0Hg?feature=oembed

True dat.

I guess he is getting at that most options include U.S (direct military) participation, unlike the Arab-Israeli war of 1948 or the War of the Sixth Coalition, etc. But I'm not sure why someone is eager to see certain wars in a list, but then again I miss the point of this thread too.

Edit: Missed the "acient wars" option, so replaced all with most
I wasn't really trying to be serious ("others include 2 whole worlds"), but your point made me wonder, are there many films about wars that didn't have US involvement?  If so are they a big industry like the US-based US war movies seem to be?

I can understand the high number of films on US wars being pumped out by Hollywood.  I only remember a few that are about things lacking US involvement, and I think some of those may not have even been about actual "wars".

Back