Favorite Control Pads?

shmuck

Still Fresh
So here's a question for you all:

The last control pad that I bought for my PC was a WingMan Cordless RumblePad. It gave me nothing but grief, thanks, mainly to the horrid D-pad. The buttons were also pretty small and domed, which hurt my fingers after a while.

Does anyone have any currently available control pads that they've used that they really like?

I'm looking for something that can cover everything, so analog and rumble are a must, I think. Wireless would probably be nice too, if the Pandora is going to be sitting by the TV and I'm sitting back on the couch. I'd consider any options though.

Not sure re: original question, but I've moved the topic to the off topic area, mostly because it's only very very tangentially related to Pandora.

I've got a Saitek P2500 for my PC and I love it. It's a great controller, with dual analog, rumble and plenty of buttons for input. The D pad looks a bit dodgy, but it is surprisingly good. When I bought this controller a couple of years ago the wireless version of it lacked rumble, but I think that the latest version of their wireless controller features rumble now.

I use a Playstation 2 wireless controller via a PS2-->USB adapter. Like this one.

I think the rumble still works but i am not positive. I mostly play games that dont support it.

Edit: wrong link

My favourite is my Logitech Cordless Rumblepad™ 2.

LRP2.gif

Amazing quality, batteries last forever and it's very accurate.

I just noticed purple_goat has the non wireless version, excellent gamepad that is also :) !

Some of the Logitech dpads aren't so hot. Shame they don't use the good one on everything, huh?

I can give another recommendation for Saitek pads. They're VERY comfortable, even for people with larger hands. You could also get an adaptor for any number of console controllers. I have a Saturn/Dreamcast/PS2 version that I'm very fond of.

WarmFluffyUK said:
My favourite is my Logitech Cordless Rumblepad™ 2.

LRP2.gif

Amazing quality, batteries last forever and it's very accurate.

I just noticed purple_goat has the non wireless version, excellent gamepad that is also :) !

Does anyone know if this controller can be used with the commercial bob/docking station?

I finally broke down and bought the commercial interface board an Im interested in any wireless controllers that could be or have been confirmed working with it.

Also does anyone have experience with the above controller for more than one player? e.g. 2 pads hooked up at the same time? I had 2 Saitec P2500 controllers and there was an option of 2 different frequencies so 2 could be used at the same time.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanx!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am looking for good PC pads too. Also, does anyone know a joystick, especially one that works for mech games? (i do play flight sims too, but not as much)

Back