True D-pad Modded F200 Prototype Done

Just an update. I made this one out of white acrylic, the first was delrin. Getting better I think. This one handles well.

gp2xpad.jpg

damn, that looks beautiful B) If only it came with one of those. How tough to fit would it be aside fron the case chopping? If these were available, and I knew what tools to use I just might have a go myself.
great job.

DaveC said:
Just an update. I made this one out of white acrylic, the first was delrin. Getting better I think. This one handles well.

gp2xpad.jpg
Looks professional, very nice. How do you make this? (Cutting everything with an Knife? ^^ ) And how stable is this kind of material?
And is a Pad made out of metal/alu a good solution to? (Everything is holded in place only with the top case of the GP2X?)

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC said:
Very nice, Dave. Quite impressive! Now how about a semi-detailed tutorial, or at least a drawing with measurements? :)

He dave how much would you charge for people to ship f200's to you so you could mod them ;)

Samba Pa Ti said:
chaos engineer said:
Just received my f-200, the pad is really disappointing. Why is GPH not able to provide us with a proper pad? Even the psp slim dpad is really o.k., now. This is just not what I was expecting and I do not understand the positive voices on these forums. Honestly, I am not able to play street fighter II properly. Therefore, I really hope that there will be something like a "dave c/ed dpad mod service" again.
most of the videos on youtube show the dpad as being squashy instead of being sturdy like a proper pad, this is the main reason i didnt buy an f200 (because it looks like a cheap chinese pmp dpad), gph need to listen to their customers properly, i doubt a mk2 f200 will come out soon, not that id want that either...
if the battery life is lower due to the new sound amp, and the telnet/usb networking is missing (not that i could get the thing to work on my network properly) i dont see a point.

Yes the buttons could be described as "squashy" but that's a good thing. They're very comfortable under the thumb, unlike many controllers in the past which were guilty of creating blisters easily (especially if you're a fighting game fan!). The buttons are VERY responsive and learning to use the "D-Pad" to do fighting game moves is not that hard (much much much easier than the F-100's joystick!). I've been playing the CPS-2 and NeoGeo emulators for days now on my F-200 and I'm very pleased.

Although I must say the mods I've been seeing in this thread (especially the acrylic one) look very nice! B)

morrissey2k7 said:
Yes the buttons could be described as "squashy" but that's a good thing. They're very comfortable under the thumb, unlike many controllers in the past which were guilty of creating blisters easily (especially if you're a fighting game fan!). The buttons are VERY responsive and learning to use the "D-Pad" to do fighting game moves is not that hard (much much much easier than the F-100's joystick!). I've been playing the CPS-2 and NeoGeo emulators for days now on my F-200 and I'm very pleased.

Although I must say the mods I've been seeing in this thread (especially the acrylic one) look very nice! B)
Agreed, mod is very nice but only needed for the very picky I guess ;)

I've played IK+, speedball, q-bert all games that really need good diagonal moves and play great with the F200.

Davec, could you make a dpad that we can just fit over the actual F200 buttons so we have no to make a hole :D

Thank you :)

The second one of the picture looks like this i am looking for :)

Sorry for my horrible english :D

Back