Failed to execute login command

I_Like_Cake

Still Fresh
Oh woe, I tried following the guide for native development from http://blogs.distant-earth.com/wp/?p=106, and now when I turned my Pandora on this morning I received the following:

Code:
Failed to execute login command

Which from what I can gather from the boards means that my nand is full, bummer. Is there a way around this other than a reflash?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
You can follow these instructions to create a bootable SD card and then mount the NAND device. From there you can go in and delete a few files to get some free space back. A complete reflash may be faster and easier though.

Apparently "failed to execute login command" does not necessarily mean full NAND, though that is the most common. Someone else reported it and was able to fix it with just a single file replacement, but I'm not entirely certain which one or how you'd go about doing that either.

Fair play, I'll probably just go with the total refresh as it's pretty much as new anyway.

am getting this on firmware booting off sdcard; got 500 mb free so why is this message now appearing?

cheer:

If you're running off SD card, apparently it's related to a missing ncurses library. Follow this thread for information on how to copy it off the NAND onto your SD and it should run fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is an old thread...  ;)

But, I've just started getting this message after I login or logout, either full desktop or quick menu.

I've checked and I have 146Mb free in NAND ( the O.S. is in NAND ).

I have a 32Gb SD in the left slot and an 8Gb SD in the right slot - both with a ton of space.

I've installed a ton of applications over the past few days, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it?

Operationally, I'm not noticing any actual problems... all the apps work, I can login and logout without a problem.

Just getting that message is a bit unnerving.  :p

It's normal for latest firmwares to show this, something went wrong after some libraries were upgraded in the OS, I still haven't tracked it down and it has no bad effects, so priority for working on this is low.

Back