F200 (

Tech-Head

Still Fresh
Hi,

I Just wanted to say that I have the new F200 and the cradle, received them yesterday. My first impression was what a great little console. By the way some of these other post read, I thought it was going to be a load of Sh*t, but NO I thought it is well built and everything works OK, well not quite everything, the console did not fit into the cradle that well, but with a small screwdriver and taking out the rubber bung under the console and unscrewing the cradle and repositioning the plug thing, now everything works great.

I feel sorry that a few people have had problems but you must remember that GPH must of made a whole load of these, so I guess that some bad ones might make it through the QC ( If GPH has any QC that is )

So just remember if anyone has/gets there F200 and a cradle and they don't like each other get a screwdriver and do a bit of surgery, rather than forcing them together and breaking the plug thing off.

To all the devs out there, I hope you will still will make games for this console, just imagine what can be done with a touch screen. So a big THANK YOU in advanced for all the new games/apps that you will make.

I do feel that maybe I was lucky that I did not have much problems, but again I must say what a great little console.

Hope someone agrees with me :)

KarmaKid said:
And did you find the cradle a worthy investment?

Hi,

Well yeah, It gives me TV Out. and yes I know you can just get a cable for that :huh: Not sure if it can do anything else though, can you still use a mouse and keyboard? or a harddrive? if anyone knows let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
KarmaKid said:
And did you find the cradle a worthy investment?
hi guys,
i love the concept of the cradle and have had no probs with it - though i would love it a little more if i could use pads with amiga emus. i am looking forward to Saturday morning retro arcade thrash with my mate next door. we've been playing the retro tvgame mini consoles from namco etc most sat mornings and tv out and the cradle means endless nostalgia gaming - with beer yarrrr :blink: :blink: :blink: . we used to get on the bus on sat morning when we were kids and play these games in arcades with our pocket money and unspent dinner money - we used to starve all week. so hopefully the cradle is just going to keep on giving :D :D :D
i got totally fed up with the little rubber extension plug on the bottom of the f200 - even if i stretched it out of the front of the cradle it could over ten mins or so generate enough force to shift the f200 slightly off its adapter thingy and i would lose tv-out. so i snipped it off - and it actually works a lot better now - its removable but actually stays stuck into the port when its replaced instead of flapping around all the time.
PZmb

though i would love it a little more if i could use pads with amiga emus.

Whats your recommended set up with the cradle for Amiga gaming? I own a Comp Pro USB Joystick, but does the emulator work with a USB keyboard and USB mouse via the cradle?

Cheers, PubZombie!

KarmaKid said:

Whats your recommended set up with the cradle for Amiga gaming? I own a Comp Pro USB Joystick, but does the emulator work with a USB keyboard and USB mouse via the cradle?
Cheers, PubZombie!

i dont think amiga emus support joypads, would love it if they did, just emus such as pico and mame, though you can fool spectrum emus into using a pad -so i have heard, by running pico then dropping out and staring spectrum emu.

pubzombie said:
KarmaKid said:

Cheers, PubZombie!

i dont think amiga emus support joypads, would love it if they did, just emus such as pico and mame, though you can fool spectrum emus into using a pad -so i have heard, by running pico then dropping out and staring spectrum emu.

pubzombie said:
KarmaKid said:

Cheers, PubZombie!

have you got a working spectrum emulator on the F200, PZ?

dosteridge said:
KarmaKid said:
See HERE I am sure it will be fine in time :)

Heh heh heh,

I guess I'll just have to live with C64 emulation if the worst comes to the worst. Who would have thought that after 25-ish years I would *still* be arguing about the fact I'd rather play Speccy games than the C64 versions?

The more things change, the more they stay the same!!

KarmaKid said:
dosteridge said:
KarmaKid said:
See HERE I am sure it will be fine in time :)

Heh heh heh,

I guess I'll just have to live with C64 emulation if the worst comes to the worst. Who would have thought that after 25-ish years I would *still* be arguing about the fact I'd rather play Speccy games than the C64 versions?

The more things change, the more they stay the same!!

:lol: Too true, remember arguing in the playground about speccy/c64/cpc464, but speccy was always the best :D

*scurries off to get flame shield*

Back