## Wifi Connection On Gp2x F200 ##

Arsenè

Still Fresh
Hi, I understand how to connect an adapter WIFI of G&BL (USB Pen) to the console GP2X F200 to surf the Internet with QTOPIA or GPE. THE cd installation of key wifi no drivers for Linux then I would understand if QTOPIA automatically recognizes the pen usb wifi when I link to the cradle.

My question is, I would like to know exactly to connect to the internet the GP2X F200 through wifi usb pen, what do I do recognize the wifi usb pen? It is all plug and play? There is a list of wifi usb pen certainly compatible with the GP2X F200?
Thanks for your possible answers.

Any usb wifi connector that has a linux driver (not ndiswrapper though)

I personally got a nintendo wifi usb stick intended for use with Wii & NDS, It's by buffalo and uses the rt25XX driver (or something like that... maybe rt2500) And search the wiki for any networking info

Since I intend to buy one but I saw that on the package is not written drivers for Linux, I would like to know what brand is certainly compatible with the GP2X F200.
For example, I found the USB PEN WIFI of SITECOM, someone has connected with WIFI this?

you need a USB wifi adapter with a linux driver for a 2.4 kernel (that can be difficult to find). Most drivers today are for the 2.6 kernel and those will not work on the 2.4 series because the USB stuff was redesigned for 2.6. There are some ones that have been used without encryption (line the rt73) but building it is problematic because of problems with the source. You will probably need the wireless tools as well to set up the network characteristics.

I have built all of it but have not been able to get it working on my network because of encryption. If you do not know much about Linux then I would not suggest this as an approach.

But I saw the video on Youtube where GP2X connects to the Internet, then someone we succeeded, we only know how and where to find the material or even as they did to change the driver from kernel 2.6 to 2.4.

Back