F200 Stick Click

xcen

Website
xc3n.h4x0rr3c0rdz.net
I just got my GP2X F200 : Yay!

One of my fav games on the GP2X is the Nethack port (I wish I could make a Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup Port though!!)

But I am now gapping in horror: No stick means no stick click... We just lost a button!

Basically, I am just seeking confirmation that there is no way to emulate the stick click and that apps that use that specific button with no alternative will have to be modified for the F200.

TIA

oh, and I dunno how many of us have got the F200 but if you guys need some testing to be done on it, look me up.

There doesn't seem to be a way to register a stick click on the F-200, pressing all four buttons just results in the gp2x not registering any. Maybe gph messed up the logic for translating the four buttons into nine as pressing three directions at once registers as two directions at once.

Sigh...if coders had used the gpjoy.o module instead of continuing to follow GPH's example and read directly from GPIO, we'd have this fixed by now.

...another reason to stay with MKII.

Anyone opened up the back to see if there are still contacts on the mobo for centre click (as there were before)? If there are you can easily rig up a separate button for centre click.

jbrodack said:
I hope someone can modify nethack so it can be played right on an f200. I know someone had made a small modification to it before.

If you use the select button, you can use the pickup command =D

I dunno what else the click was used for though, but it seems it's still playable

I *REALLY* wanted to work on a port of Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup... but now I learn that the F200 cannot be telneted to anymore, this really sucks =(

Last edited by a moderator:
This is really bad if you ask me, In quake 2 you need to use click button from the main menu otherwise it won't even start which sucks big timer, does anyone know how to start this game from the main menu.

yeah there are a couple of apps here and there that will need patching... I think a quick fix would be to somehow map the touch screen click to the "stick click" event... I do not code therefore I dunno how complicated this could be o_O

Back