F200 D-pad Modification

Duddyroar

Website
www.vc-reviews.com
I know the d-pad on the F200 has divided GP2X fans, with many saying it's brilliant and others saying it's worse than the stick on the F100. I'm kinda in the middle; I like the pad and find it comfortable for most games, but for any piece of software that requires smooth motions (fighting games, for example) I just can't get on with it. And God knows, I've tried to.

So, here's my question. Has anyone modded the F200 to accept a more comfortable d-pad, in the same way the F100 was modded to take an Ngage pad? Is it possible, given the slightly different casing design?

I love my F200 but the d-pad could be better and I'd love to make it perfect if possible.

have a search around for the caps that are made to stick on top of the psp d-pad (there's a youtube video too) looks quite effective, but apprantly it may make hitting exact directions slightly harder (not suprisingly). Its just like a disk with, i assume, a centre pivot on the back.

Duddyroar said:
I know the d-pad on the F200 has divided GP2X fans, with many saying it's brilliant and others saying it's worse than the stick on the F100. I'm kinda in the middle; I like the pad and find it comfortable for most games, but for any piece of software that requires smooth motions (fighting games, for example) I just can't get on with it. And God knows, I've tried to.

So, here's my question. Has anyone modded the F200 to accept a more comfortable d-pad, in the same way the F100 was modded to take an Ngage pad? Is it possible, given the slightly different casing design?

I love my F200 but the d-pad could be better and I'd love to make it perfect if possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
The PSP caps don't appeal to me, I had one on my actual PSP and it was horrible; far too high up and like someone said it actually turned out to be less accurate.

Shame DaveC can't produce his mod...it looks amazing! That is exactly what I'd be after. :(

Back