Ext Serial Port.

MadDog

Website
www.maddoggames.com
I've got this working, its almost 100%. Get a few duff chars, prob down to my poor soldering. First ciruit board i've ever built.

So, got it running and in my nievity I thought i'll get a shell. After scratching my head I made a script with the following in

exec /bin/bash --login --noprofile -i -s < /dev/ttyS0 > /dev/ttyS0 2>&1

No joy. Any ideas?

What i'm aiming for is a cmd line promt at boot with out having to run anything from the console. May need to get the linux boot from SD thing working so I don't brick my gp2x.

Also, is it easy to slow down the connection? Hoping that will get rid of the odd duff characters I see.

Thanks,
Richard e Collins

Once the menu is up, if you press CTRL+C via your serial connection, it'll exit the menu and drop you to a shell. You can return to the menu by typing "./gp2xmenu" after making sure your in the "/usr/gp2x" directory.

Mmmm, I need to go and check my serial cable stuff, its not accepting input. :(

I used the ground on pin24 and not the one on pin13, could that be my prob?

I get some odd characters and drop some. Not many but enough for me to think about shortening my cable and breaking out the soldering iron again.

Its working now, did not wire up pin 15 on the IC to ground. Also after a rebuild ( better soldering this time) the noise has good. :)

Back