Explain Yourself!

I think right now my avatar is a 3D model of a Lamborghini that I found online and imported to my OpenGL-based graphics library.

lulzfish is just 8 letters that don't mean anything.

Well my user name is just my name backwards (kevin), with an added 10 on the end. Use it in almost every game/forum/thing I do online. And my avatar is my cat simon who at one time weighed 25 LBS.

Sugar_Kane is a sonic youth song. I usually go by Mighty_Sugar_Kane; I was reading a music magazine one day and they were talking about the SY album "Dirty" and described that song as " the mighty sugar kane" which stuck in my head. I've shortened it a little lately.

My avatar used to be a picture that I drew of poitrot, but now it's the best face that has ever been pulled in cinematic history; the moment when Withnail turns around to realise in horror that he had just insulted a crazed irishman.

Last edited by a moderator:
My username comes from the first site I ever signed up for; MFGG, Mario Fan Games Galaxy. At the time, I was on a bit of a Mega Man kick. I decided to use the same name everywhere I went. It sounded cool at the time.

My current avatar is from my love of XKCD, Tron, and silliness.

My avatar was random, I just Googled and liked what I found. My username is just ion, like an atom ion, with X 's as a bracket because I thought it looked cool. Sometimes I pronounce it zion = xion just because.

Im a volkswagen enthusiast. In the states we call them vee dubs, or just dub even. I own, wrench on, and restore Porsches now. Im a huge fan of the older front engine stuff. 944/968/928. I consider Porsche to basically be a super volkswagen, or a supervdub. Its a german car, so one day I thought of it, an uberdub.

I got my nickname while serving in the United States Navy.

My avatar is modified version of the Ultima V box cover. I remade Ultima V for the TI-89 calculator. I somehow managed to fit the entire original DOS version into 320Kb of Flash memory -- talk about optimizing for size. ;)

I'm hoping the wife will let me buy a Pandora!

Ultima V at TI-Freakware

My actual name is Lou. Back in HS my metal friends used to call me Lucifer. I am not a satanist or anything like that. I am actually not into religions of any form. I am however really into weird movies. Lucifer Rising is also a short film by Kenneth Anger. Not sure why that came to mind when I was creating my nickname. Here is a link to it. I think it's pretty safe. I don't want to get in trouble for linking to something obscene.

Kenneth Anger - Lucifer Rising (1973)

My avatar is just a goofy pic of me I made for some friends. Doesn't work very well as an avatar. Just looks like the pic is all f'd up. Looks better on my profile. Turned the pic cepia and added a wavy filter. Filter made the dagger look way cooler, plus distorted my face enough that you wouldn't recognize me if you saw me. Ya know, in case someone from the forum wanted to hunt me down and kill me. Though you all seem like very nice people.

One last thing.. I have lurked many a forum over the years, but this is my first time actually participating in a community. I am more of an antisocial computer user and usually avoid all sorts of social networking type stuff. But I am very excited about the pandora and decided for once to take part in something. I am bound to screw up here and there as I am pretty new to this. Please do point out if I do something wrong, but don't bite my head off. I am still learning. I have never seen a forum like this where people are so eager to help and I hope once I get a working pandora I will be able to do the same for others.

p.s. that is ketchup on my face.

One last thing.. I have lurked many a forum over the years, but this is my first time actually participating in a community. I am more of an antisocial computer user and usually avoid all sorts of social networking type stuff. But I am very excited about the pandora and decided for once to take part in something.

Ha! I know this story. I disappeared from the other boards for two years when the waiting became unbearable, only to reemerge once I got my shipping email. I'm not a programmer, but I still want to be active in the community and give back what I can.

Handle: It doesn't mean anything, to my knowledge. I chose it because I figured no one else would take it. And it still manages to be taken in some places. I used to be known as "The 56k Avenger," pistol-sniping people in Day of Defeat. But then we got DSL, and things changed.

Along those lines, I have a friend who used to go by 'Real High Ping,' who was pretty deadly with a sniper rifle back on TF1 when our rural town didn't even have the option of broadband yet.

As for Toupee, it's a reference to a They Might Be Giants song, and also coincidentally happens to be a Reverse-Coach-Z-Translation of torpor, if that makes any sense.

toupav2.gif

The avatar is just a humorous take on a famous scene in the movie. Add a 20th century mustache and voila! Nobody else that I've seen really uses Dave in forums either. HAL is the one that gets the attention, so I use Dave instead. Specifically why I like 2001: It's a story about mankind developing through the use of tools, and then the tools eventually turning on mankind (HAL going crazy). I'm still suspicious that my Pandora is going to try to murder me in my sleep one of these days...
Only if you get in the way of its prime directive ;)

Mine came from Lego.com, since there was already a Jourdy, they recommended Jourdy288 and I just stuck with it.

My name is also Jourdan Cameron.

My avatar is my first betta, Bruce.

My actual name is Lou. Back in HS my metal friends used to call me Lucifer. I am not a satanist or anything like that.

My avatar is just a goofy pic of me I made for some friends. Doesn't work very well as an avatar. Just looks like the pic is all f'd up. Looks better on my profile. Turned the pic cepia and added a wavy filter. Filter made the dagger look way cooler, plus distorted my face enough that you wouldn't recognize me if you saw me. Ya know, in case someone from the forum wanted to hunt me down and kill me. Though you all seem like very nice people.
One question in my grammar class was "Think of a name that uses the root 'luc,'" and the only name I could think of was Lucifer.

Don't judge, but every time I look at your avatar it reminds me of this guy.

norm-45c904b216792-Braveheart+%281995%29.jpeg

My avatar is a real life picture of, well, me. Both parts. That's all I have to say about that.

AquaAnalogue is an evolution of "AquaAnalogBeetle," a randomly-generated username for a long-forgotten survey site. I rather liked the first two words, didn't really care for the beetle bit. The colour Aqua is also my favourite colour, and analogue (changed to reflect my spelling preferences) is a word that I like, for its many definitions and applications to my life.

Oddly enough, the tips of my personal vapourisers (sometimes called e-cigarettes) glow a light blue colour (to indicate to the public that they are not real cigarettes), and the word among "vapers" for a traditional tobacco product is an "analogue." Thus, it acquired a new meaning when I cast away my last cigar and picked up my Revolver Infiniti Ion.... though it may be a stretch, I tend to think of it as symbolic of my desire to have something I can "light" with a lighter, and just toss away when I'm done... but won't kill me slowly. For now though, I'm blessed with what the technology has given me already.

Don't judge, but every time I look at your avatar it reminds me of this guy.

Thanks, Gerix! I was having a pretty crappy day, but that pic cracked me up. A few of my friends got my avatar pic as a refrigerator magnet for xmas. Shortly after they started superimposing my face over random pics of warriors and such. What made those pics even funnier was how poorly executed they were due to their ineptitude with Photoshop.

And litter?

You can't be serious. I refuse to believe you are being serious here. Is there any reason you keep not-so-subtly attacking me (first in the chess thread, now here)?

I meant "toss away" in the figurative sense (id est, "throw in the trash") if you must know, though I am perfectly in my right to "litter" my backyard with spent cancer-vessels should I feel so inclined.

Honestly, who gives a damn anyway? You posted for one of two reasons:

1. you are an environmentalist and an elitist
  2. you have somehow accumulated dislike, envy, or some similar emotion for me and decided to "show me!" with a meaningless rhetorical question (a strange and futile action, seeing as we've never met and probably never will)

Either way, I would love to know.

I meant "toss away" in the figurative sense (id est, "throw in the trash"
Oh, okay.

That was just a coincidence, chess does really piss me off for some reason. I was in Chess Club in junior high because my dad thought I should play it, and I was terrible and hated it. I consistently lost to about everybody. :/ That's probably why.

So actually it was:

3. I don't like littering.

I also don't like smartphones, "the cloud", reality TV, Facebook "apps", "web apps", the word "app". These are all things I will usually bitch about if there's a thread for it.

^ Right; I owe you an apology of sorts. I must have been put on edge by that other guy who created a new account to attack me. Also you confused me because I was talking to the people who chose both the "I love abstract strategy" et cetera option AND the "the only winning move is not to play" option. Though I really don't understand how cigarette butts are littering (I reserve that word for styrofoam containers; you know-- things that aren't biodegradeable?), that's no real reason to pick a fight with you or question your morality. :p

As a wise man never said, because he was wise and didn't allow himself such circumstances: "Don't I look like a horse's arse at the moment?"

Back