Clarks "Cheese Bottom" Footwear [Crepe Soles]

dgame

When I was a kid used to have a pair of "cheese bottom" Clark Wallabees.

They were some of my favorite shoes. I wore them until the crepe soul dried out and eventually split.

Since then I've consistently worn Clarks shoes but not cheese bottoms.

Watching Prince Harry in those Russell and Bromley Desert Boots got me thinking about the classic Clarks Desert Boots.

So I ordered a pair of Clarks Desert Boots with the "cheese bottom" crepe soles and I feel like a kid again! They are so light and comfortable.

Now I have two pairs at home and three pairs on the way. Love those colors!

Anyone rate or hate them? Have or had a pair?

Tell us about your crepe sole / cheese bottom Clarks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually have an aversion to clarks shoes because I was only allowed to wear horrible clarks shoes as a kid.I wasn't allowed to choose my shoes.I used to wear them out super quick to get rid of them.Sad but true story.

Although it wasn't the ants that killed him, it was the hospital treating him for cancer when he actually had tuberculosis.

The ants certainly didn't help of course.

They do help this guy though:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/G0y1QZtoDK4?feature=oembed

Anyway, back on topic...

The best footwear sole I've had is on Converse Interceptor boots (designed for police/security use). They won't slip on any wet surface.

Unfortunately my first pair were worn to near destruction so I bought a second pair. But the design is changed, the new ones always flex at the exact position that rubs right under my ankle, leaving me with bleeding feet after just a few hours of wearing them. :(

LOL, I grew up in America so "school shoes" were usually sneakers / trainers.

Well for most others except those of us who had British-minded parents; we got the Clarks.

I switched to more adult / modern looking Clarks as a part of my business casual look. Those looked like normal "brown" shoes.

Now I'm going 'retro' with the desert boots. I haven't seen a pair of desert boots in the wild in a long time.

I guess a lot of British school children probably had to wear Clarks.

Back