Beta experimental hardfp (armhf) support for Super Zaxxon

Hmm... Not sure I am imagining, but GBA Emu Alpha seems to run faster. Prior to this new armhf support, it was a slideshow when I enabled h2q. But now it seems to run OK...

You recompiled the emulator?

Well, the weird thing is before installing armhf support, the latest version of GBA.emu - Emu Ex Plus Alpha crashed every time I enabled hq2x, but ran fine after I installed armhf support. Perhaps the latest version of the emulator has some armhf support in there?

Well, the weird thing is before installing armhf support, the latest version of GBA.emu - Emu Ex Plus Alpha crashed every time I enabled hq2x, but ran fine after I installed armhf support. Perhaps the latest version of the emulator has some armhf support in there?
You probably changed the SGX driver too.

hey guys, I need some advice. I thought I would try out the new feature to see if I could get the rpi build of pico-8 running. I think the pandora should be well capable of running it and it only depends on libSDL2-2.0... but thats's about as far as I can get. I tried to copy a binary of libSDL2-2.0.so.1 and make an according link libSDL2-2.0.so.0 which points to it, even changed the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and exported that. Still the program fails to load, claiming libSDL2-2.0.so.0 cannot be found. What am I doing wrong? I will try again tonight and see if I've missed something, providing the path to the libraries I copied. But I even made physical copies to /usr/lib and /lib just to see if the program can find the files in the default paths and it still threw me the error.

I'll upload my starting script when I get the chance.

EDIT: forgot to mention, that I am trying to run the dynamically linked binary which people have gotten to run on other hardware, not the statically linked one as that won't run on other hardware then a real pi, as far as I can gather.

EDIT: Just thought that I might've discovered my mistake. The library I am trying to use is of course compiled for armel. Am I correct to assume that the binary will not understand how to load such a library? Maybe someone can provide an SDL2 binary precompiled for armhf, isn't Slackware armhf?

Last edited:
Hi all :)
EDIT: Just thought that I might've discovered my mistake. The library I am trying to use is of course compiled for armel. Am I correct to assume that the binary will not understand how to load such a library? Maybe someone can provide an SDL2 binary precompiled for armhf, isn't Slackware armhf?

@xnopasaranx : would libsdl2 from Debian Stable ARMHF work for you ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

lol I guess I should've known what he was referring to out of context. I know, that he is the maintainer ^^

yeah I could just compile sdl2 myself. I have downloaded dchrt already but am hesitant to invest so much time, only to find out that it isn't working after all. so I figured I'd ask if someone has a binary that I could use to at least test if it starts.
[doublepost=1466511086,1466510900][/doublepost]I am thinking, if I can get this to run decently, maybe I could release sort of a compatibility package for pico-8 owners.

that's actually a great idea! at least for compiling sdl2. i could just prepare an sd card. thanks wally, didn't think of it it! I will try this when I get the chance.

For thoses that want to experiment more with this, here is libGL and SDL2 (Pandora version) compiled on hardfloat.

I have compiled the libs on an ODroid, but I assume they will work. Both libs are compiled with the Pandora hack in...

My Pandora is busy right now, so I cannot test my self.

the SDL2 libs have both OpenGL and GLES2 enabled. It will use libGL by default. To activate GLES2 backend, you need to supply thoses 2 env. variables:
Code:
SDL_VIDEO_GLES2=1 SDL_VIDEO_GL_DRIVER=libGLESv2.so

Have fun, and please report success/failures...

Attachments

• pandora-hard.tar.gz
    1.1 MB · Views: 455
If someone releases a PND that makes use of hard-floats, then you'll need it. But until then, no.

Back