Every Lego set ever made

lol I was crazy about Legos. Tried to build my own army including tanks and stuff but I never got enough of the right stones... ha ha

I had many of those sets when I was young :) Still have them, in fact.

My entry to the Rebirth Competition (Dino Defense) was very nearly a military based game with the models made with Lego. Maybe one day...

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the Space Galaxy Explorer from that website/video, but my favourite ship was the Starfleet Voyager:

6929starfleetvoyager.jpg

Well, my favourite instruction following one. I did make a cool millenium falcon. It was very rectangular and multicoloured, but had the basic features. :)

every Lego set ever made
EVER made? So they keep adding? (could not see video, it's blocked for me).

Unfortunately, there are so many good ideas that need enough votes to get pushed forward into production:

If you are OK with alternate building-brick-brands, there are many great sets besides LEGO, Cobi for instance or various chinese companies (not all are bad). In germany, we have bluebrixx, they do alot of Trains, Vehicles, Buildings and all the models and themes, Lego does not make (anymore). Brick- and build quality varies and it not always at Lego level but you usualy get alot of stuff for a surprisingly fair price.

bluebrixx
Whoa! Lego compatible! NICE!

These look great too!

I also used to have https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tente_(toy) when I was little. It was cheaper than Lego, but not compatible with it.

Last edited:
Whoa! Lego compatible! NICE!
"Lego compatible" is actualy old news, the bricks are not patented anymore since ages, with some exceptions (Minifigs are still patented in the EU). So there are already many asian and western companies that offer Lego-compatible building sets. Wanna official brick built Castle Grayscull for instance? No Problem! :cool:

1402718_2.jpg
6000200051390.jpg

These look great too!
Cobi has impressive ship models and by far the biggest clutch power of their brick pieces, more than Lego. Solid as a rock.

I'd recommend avoiding wilcobrix though. Certainly don't stuck to lego, and barely stick to each other.
Also avoid "Sluban", the clutch power of their pieces is almost non-existant. Or like a german youtuber described it: "10 Sluban = 1 Cobi". xD
And watch out, the chinese company "Quihui" makes good Technic Sets but the measures of their technic holes, axles and pins are also not 100% compatible with Lego (yet). But they plan to adjust that for future sets.

Last edited:
Wow, what brought this thread up again. It's been so long I have absolutely no memory of ever posting this - Lol

Lego was such a genius invention, and I spent the longest time playing with it back in the day, but a part of me often thought that Meccano was cooler and didn't get the attention it deserved.

I also wonder how active an inspiration Lego was for Minecraft.

Minecraft is a little like lego, but at the same time rather less than lego. It's built on a computer, so you can build a wall by simply putting stacks of blocks next to each other, unlike the real world (and lego) where you need to do a bricklaying pattern to give the wall lateral strength. It's a voxel game and while those are still rare in the flesh, it was an active area of exploration, combined with RPG-like ideas of combining a cooking materials to make new ones. Voxel demos were common in the late 90s for example.

Of course Lego also bought the Minecraft licence and makes Minecraft Sets since years. I like Minecraft and Lego but somehow, I'm not into these sets at all. Maybe I'm just to old for this kind of building sets.

Back