Evercade - buy your retro games on carts for this thing

I just had a crazy thought. What if the pizza is a reference to Capcom and 'Yo! Noid'?

...Darnit, now I want some Domino's pizza.

I figured pizza -> TMHT (or TMNT to everyone outside of the UK) -> Konami as a possibility

Well, Konami has been releasing anniversary collections for other platforms this year. Sure, why not.

What I wanna know is if they can get the rights to distribute their Tiny Toons games. Not even sure who has that license right now.

now if pizza came from Japan I might say italien plumber game but I like cats better :p
There was a Samurai Pizza Cats game? Wow! I liked the Anime or better, the edited Cartoon version we had here in germany (the original Anime is pretty different actualy). Didn't knew there was an NES game too.

You know, about that pizza hint, the dude who asked for it was asking for the first letter of the fourth publisher. Not that pizza is a letter, but P is.

There is a Pokemon Company press conference announced for tomorrow, the same day the fourth publisher will be revealed. Hmmm...

There was a Samurai Pizza Cats game? Wow! I liked the Anime or better, the edited Cartoon version we had here in germany (the original Anime is pretty different actualy). Didn't knew there was an NES game too.
Only in America and it's only a fan patch of a Japanese game based on the same art as the Pizza Cats cartoons (but with completely different stories, as was common back then).

There is a Pokemon Company press conference announced for tomorrow, the same day the fourth publisher will be revealed. Hmmm...
I thought Nintendo was the actual publisher of Pokemon.

Maybe it's Psytronik :)

Also, FYI, Evercade already shot down Ninja Turtles on Twitter, saying, "We would love that. But not yet..."

I thought Nintendo was the actual publisher of Pokemon.

Maybe it's Psytronik :)

Another FYI, the Pokemon Company publishes Pokemon games in Japan, just the international publishing is handled by Nintendo. Nintendo only owns one third of the Pokemon Company, with the other two thirds held by Game Freak and Creatures, Inc. That said, Nintendo does still have sole ownership of the Pokemon trademark, so they would have to give approval for that, at least.

I got all that from Wikipedia though, so take it as you will.

You're probably right. I just figured Nintendo was always technically the publisher on their platforms

You're probably right. I just figured Nintendo was always technically the publisher on their platforms

To be fair, I'm only right about how Pokemon is published. If I were right about Pokemon coming to Evercade, I would be shocked harder than Team Rocket in a failed Pikachu kidnapping plot.

Only in America and it's only a fan patch of a Japanese game based on the same art as the Pizza Cats cartoons (but with completely different stories, as was common back then).
Why didn't we got all the nice things here in Europe... :'( The Cartoon was pretty populat, a localized version of the game would have been great. However, even many big Console titles were not translated or even released here (Hello Final Fantasy!).
Not everything was better back then, tbh. ^^"

Man, the Evercade twitter account has been inactive for fifteen hours. The good news is that it's now Tuesday on the Nintendo Life website, so that Evercade news could come any minute. Just gotta stay up all night checking. Lemme go grab a coffee.

Reactions: rSl
Well, their website updated before Nintendo Life did. levi gets the credit for making the pizza to Pac-Man connection. I, on, the other hand, need to learn to reel in my expectations.

Namco Collection 1 not bad though.
[doublepost=1559042769,1559042176][/doublepost]BTW, they announced individual cart pricing. Twenty bucks American? Holy moly, that's not cheap. I was expecting $15. I assume these come with good cases, at least.

It is cheap by European standards, I guess.

Back