Escape From Colditz

Trip

Sorry, but I suck at explaining stuff :P
Website
ubuntufs.wordpress.com
Escape from Colditz is a game devised by successful escaper Pat Reid, based on the former POW camp at Colditz Castle in Germany during World War II.

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in making a decent version of this board game for the GP2X?
As far as I'm aware, there has never been a true version of this game written for any computer system EVER!
There have been some versions made, but these were all badly made with completely different game play.

I have the original board game at home & would happily make a PDF of the instructions & take some high resolution photo's to help the dev out. I'll also do bug testing etc. when I get my 2x back from repairs :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a site with some info on the actual board game.

More info from Wikipedia..

From two to six players may take part in the game, one of which must always be the Germans; the others choosing to be one of six nationalities represented by different coloured playing pieces:

* Black: German guards

Prisoners:

* Red: British
* Blue: American
* Brown: French
* Orange: Dutch
* Green: Polish

The number of playing pieces used for German Guards and Prisoners varies according to the number of players participating in the game:

* 2 Players: 8 prisoners plus 6 guards
* 3 players: 7 prisoners for each allied nationality plus 12 guards
* 4 players: 6 prisoners for each allied nationality plus 14 guards
* 5 players: 5 prisoners for each allied nationality plus 15 guards
* 6 players: 4 prisoners for each allied nationality plus 16 guards

The game is given a time limit or a target of escaped prisoners (usually the first to 2) with the objective of the player operating the guards being to limit or stop the escape attempts.

In order to escape, each pow must first obtain an "escape kit", comprising of food, disguise, compass and forged papers.

Other equipment or materials must also be obtained in order for a player to make a successful escape attempt. Wire cutters, lengths of rope and forged keys being some.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was going to do it myself as a project to learn programming, but I'm not too sure when I'll ever get time to do that & I don't think I would be able to do the game the justice that it deserves.

EDIT to add picture..
Colditz-Castle-Board.jpg

Good point, but the board game isn't being made any more (from what I've found out) & a quick email to the company might be all it takes for permission.

They also made the board game Risk, which is still in production & has been done quite a few times already :)

Until someone does make it you could always play the amiga version on the amiga emulator. Dont know how close this is to the real game though

foleyjo said:
Until someone does make it you could always play the amiga version on the amiga emulator. Dont know how close this is to the real game though
Unfortunately I remember when that version came out. I was dying to play it & was completely gutted when it turned out to be crap.
Thinking back now though, it might still be a good game? At the time it just wasn't what I hoped for, so I never even gave it a chance. Maybe I should?
Anyone else tried it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back