Error While Loading Shared Library Although It's There

Jan-Nik

I've already wasted days of my time with getting a spinning triangle using OpenGL ES to work on the Wiz. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong but all the time new problems appear. This one is simply unexplainable to me. Please someone give me a hint!

wizsucks.jpg

Yea, I've also seen that one. The Wiz behaves very weird if you transfer files via the USB cable onto the SD.

E.g. with pygame it always runs the previous version of the py file. If I then exit the app and restart it the current version of the file is finally loaded. This seems to happen in 10 out of 10 cases.

You could try unmount/mount as notaz has described here.

Hm. Putting some of this into the gpe should help, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just tried this:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

sync
echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches
[...]

Now it does indeed load the new files. Ace. :D

(Edit: Doing this in a release version won't be necessary of course.)

Looks like an LD_LIBRARY_PATH problem to me. ie: ITs probly secure enough to not be looking in 'current dir' for the shared lib and just looking in the system location. So either copy it into the system path, or use a sh-script that adds your lib path or current dir to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

ie: (its a security risk just like adding '.' to your PATH is .. lets someone hijack you very easily, so is generally unwise. Imagine if someone just drops a file called libc.so into your homedir and nesxt app you run uses it?)

jeff

Try doing "LD_PRELOAD=./libwizGLES.so ./test.gpe" and see if that at least gets things loaded and running, and then if it does work, just try linking with libwizGLES.so and add "-Wl,-rpath ./" to your linker settings ..

Thanks for your answers!

aho said:
I just tried this:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

sync
echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches
[...]

Now it does indeed load the new files. Ace. :D

(Edit: Doing this in a release version won't be necessary of course.)
This worked, thx!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back