janek.kozicki.pl
I did

Code:
opkg update

opkg install mc

and it worked fine, for two days. Now when I want to run mc I get this:

Code:
$ mc

mc: error while loading shared libraries: libext2fs.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This is strange. I never used Angstrom and I'm spoiled by simplicity of debian - I don't know how to reinstall mc to get it back to work. And why it stopped working in the first place?

I was trying tuxrace - it hanged Pandora a few times and I had to reset "menu"+"slide right", the filesystem maybe got corrupted due to this? And also I don't know how to force fsck on boot, here on Pandora.

Can anybody help me?

I did

Code:
opkg update

opkg install mc

and it worked fine, for two days. Now when I want to run mc I get this:

Code:
$ mc

mc: error while loading shared libraries: libext2fs.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This is strange. I never used Angstrom and I'm spoiled by simplicity of debian - I don't know how to reinstall mc to get it back to work. And why it stopped working in the first place?

I was trying tuxrace - it hanged Pandora a few times and I had to reset "menu"+"slide right", the filesystem maybe got corrupted due to this? And also I don't know how to force fsck on boot, here on Pandora.

Can anybody help me?

have you tried?

Code:
opkg update

opkg install libext2fs2

it is a package in the Angstrom repository and I'm not sure if it's installed by default..

Last edited by a moderator:
have you tried?

Code:
opkg update

opkg install libext2fs2

it is a package in the Angstrom repository and I'm not sure if it's installed by default..

Here' what I get:

Code:
# opkg install libext2fs2

Package libext2fs2 (1.41.14-r29.6) installed in root is up to date.

it seems that it got corrupt somehow. How can I reinstall it?

Also I see that I should switch to SD cards asap and stop using NAND, what is the fastest way to do that?

Also I see that I should switch to SD cards asap and stop using NAND, what is the fastest way to do that?

actually I don't have my Pandora yet.. my Angstrom experience comes from using a Beagleboard.. Hmm perhaps someone can PND Midnight Commander up if we ask nicely?

These type of errors can usually be fixed with 'sudo ldconfig'.

But it's strange that this just happened out of the blue when mc was working fine before.

Back