Error On Neogeo - Help Needed Please

Sarah Young

Still Fresh
Hi, I have searched high and low for a simple answer as to why my neogeo emulator is not working. So far, I have the latest version of the neogeo emulator from the official neogeo website, I have the neobios, renamed to 000-lo.lo, sfix-sfx, sp-s2.sp1, ng-sm1.rom, uni-bios.rom all in my roms/neobios folder. I have games as their zip files on my SD in the main neogeo folder. When I try to load neogeo and the gngeo2x program, I get a green "Cargando" screen, then Im taken onto where my game zips are located, but when I try to load them, I get the following error: "Bad roms! Unknown or unsupported romset. Check it and your romrc, press any key to continue", then I am taken back to the game list screen.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?!

Thanks

Han posted on Sep 3 2006 at 03:04 PM said:
I havent tried the Neogeo emulator, so I am no expert. But maybe you have got bad ROM dumps.

Yur roms are incompatible with GnGeo... there is a chance you can get them working, following Shikaku's tutorial

Basically rename the files in the rom (.zip file) according to your romrc files found in the gngeo folder, that's Shikaku's first method, probably the easiest ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Open up the zip for the game you want to play. Then open the relevant .rc file (located in the romrc.d folder) in notepad. Make sure the filenames of all the bins match otherwise the rom won't be recognised. Simply renaming them will work in most cases, but if not then check out Shikaku's guide for more info.

I have a load of neogeo roms that work in neo rage X but i've never been able to make them work in the gp2x emulator. Any body know if there's any obvious reason that this is the case? I don't get an error message, the screen just goes black for a second then back to the game selector screen. I've checked the roms in romcenter, and all the filenames and sizes match those in the romrc, so i don't know what else it could be!

cheers

i had the problem that roms that worked in winkawaks wouldnt work in neoragex (when i got it running on xp), the roms off certain websites dont seem compatible either.

mrsnature posted on Sep 3 2006 at 07:23 PM said:
I have a load of neogeo roms that work in neo rage X but i've never been able to make them work in the gp2x emulator. Any body know if there's any obvious reason that this is the case? I don't get an error message, the screen just goes black for a second then back to the game selector screen. I've checked the roms in romcenter, and all the filenames and sizes match those in the romrc, so i don't know what else it could be!

cheers
But you got it running with some other roms, yes?

Fishbong posted on Sep 4 2006 at 01:38 PM said:
mrsnature posted on Sep 3 2006 at 07:23 PM said:

cheers
But you got it running with some other roms, yes?

yes, so i know i'm doing something right! I just thought that all the roms where basically the same, albeit from some changes in filenames... but i don't really understand the whole arcade rips thing!

Back