Can Someone Help Me Get Started With Gngeo2x?

berighteous

hi. I'm frustrated. I've searched all over the board, I've read the wiki's and I still can't get gngeo2x to work. Can some kind soul help me out or point me to where I can find my problem.

I downloaded the neogeo bios files and unzipped them to the roms directory.
Here are the rom names:
vs-bios.rom
usa_2slt.bin
sp-s2.sp1
sp-2.sp1
sp-j2.rom
sp-e.sp1
sm1.sm1
sfix.sfx
asia-s3.rom
000-lo.lo

I've tried all the neogeo roms that work with gp2x mame, as well as the ones for the curent version of rage for the PC.

Every time I try something like Metal Slug) with gngeo2x I get
Bad Roms!
Unknow or unsupported romset. check it with your romrc.

How can I find out what I need? I can play all the neo geo games with Mame on my gp2x, and I can play them on my PC with Neorage. I've been pounding on this all day and I'm getting nowhere.

Thanx

is there a way to exit from a game back to rage? When I do the shoulder buttons + select and go quit it locks up. boo.

It's pretty awesome now that I got it working.

how do I tell it to overclock?

fatdad said:
sent you a pm , hope this helps... :)
I'm in the same boat. Is there any chance you could post your solution here for my benefit, and the benefit of anyone else who comes across this thread?

Thanks!

Edit: In addition, this URL seems quite helpful http://gpnewbie.com/gp2x/gngeo.htm for anyone else who runs across this thread looking for help

Last edited by a moderator:
berighteous said:
is there a way to exit from a game back to rage? When I do the shoulder buttons + select and go quit it locks up. boo.

It's pretty awesome now that I got it working.

how do I tell it to overclock?

To exit press both shoulder buttons and select... it will bring you to a menu to exit.

To overclock scroll down to the game you want to play and press select. From there you can make a cf file for it... just load this file each time you start your game.

I've managed to get Puzzle Bobble running, but most of the graphics aren't present, and there's no sound. Would I be right in assuming that this is a prime example of a bad dump, as opposed to me having set up the emulator incorrectly?

coolbeans said:
I've managed to get Puzzle Bobble running, but most of the graphics aren't present, and there's no sound. Would I be right in assuming that this is a prime example of a bad dump, as opposed to me having set up the emulator incorrectly?

I didn't even know it ran on GNGeo2x... I am happy with it on MAME. I might give it a shot later and let you know what I find.

It can. Just managed to get it running glitch free. I think the ROM i used originally must have been corrupt, as the other one i grabbed seems to work fine.

Back