Eneloop Or Rayovac Hybrid Rechargeables

Ripster

Website
Visit site
I have purchased some 2500 rechargeable batteries... and then came across these. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr... are any of you using these? I just bought 8 more 2100 series batteries for backup, with the lower discharge rates these seem like a much better solution for trips and such. I will start with the larger capacity batteries... and keep the new technology for backup.

I also had problems deciding on a charger... and finally decided on one by RipVan100 - Lightning 4000N. Seems to be a unit with lots of nice features... but so far the customer service has not been very good. I received a email stating they received my order immediately but have not heard back re: shipping information after a couple of emails.

I know its late now for your experiences since I am committed but what have you all to say.

I havn't tried the Rayovac hybrids, but I do own a TON of Eneloops. They are FANTASTIC batteries. They are only rated at 2000mAh, but they last just as long (if not a tad longer) than the Energizer 2500s I was using before.

I dont use them in my gp2x anymore, since I generally end up draing the gp2x right away anyhow. Instead I use them in stuff like my PC Engine GT (TurboExpress), where it sometimes will sit for a few months. I pick it up, and its still powered. Its really nice not having them discharge on you over time.

Thanks for the response... good to know about your experiences. I have have a 4 pack of the Energizer 2500's and they seem to be ok along with the 4 pack of 2500 batteries that came with the GP2x. I did charge the Energizers up once with my Nicad charger.... probably not the best idea just to try it out. I did get an adapter but it is less than idea to use due to where they placed the plug.

Like I said I just purchased 8 Rayovac Hybrids 2100's... (waiting on them to arrive) and a new charger (hoping to see it in my mail any day now). But till then I will just use the adapter as I am afraid to cook the batteries.

Back