Emulator brings x86 Linux apps to ARM devices

Email arrived here as well, there's a mention of an OpenPandora version still in the plans... I hope it will appear one day (and I hope it'll have accelerated 3D).

I've installed it but had little time to test. At least it's still working.

So far it looks like sound issues haven't been completely fixed, though it may go wrong less often than it used to.

As for the performance improvements, I didn't do a side-by-side comparison but I recall Fallout Tactics being a bit slower before, though that might just be an impression.

BTW

Guys, who save key for Pyra. You can use it now. If you uninstall ExaGear later and then install it on Pyra, everything should work. It is allowed.   
Any reference to the official source for this one? I hate to question that other people say but I think it's appropriate when money is involved.

BTW

Guys, who save key for Pyra. You can use it now. If you uninstall ExaGear later and then install it on Pyra, everything should work. It is allowed.
Any reference to the official source for this one? I hate to question that other people say but I think it's appropriate when money is involved.
A while ago I bought a key but I've not installed it yet as I'm keeping it for the Pyra , also I don't think I have the skills necessary to get it set up on the Pandora!

Received the link to download the new version...an 850MB file (for Ubuntu14..4 version).

Don't know when i found time to install it.

BTW

I'm reasonably certain Vadik is an official source. Exagear is a fairly small team, it wouldn't surprise me if a team member showed up to tell us personally that everything would be alright, especially with how closely they're working with us (specifically lunixbochs, yeah?) to get the 3D acceleration working.That's just speculation though, he could be a random stranger off the internet who gets kicks by promising things they have no way of delivering on.

So did anyone try it and find something really different at all ? 
Been too busy to give the new version a try, I plan on trying it on both the Pandora and the OMAP5 devboard.

As I wrote, I have the impression that the sound is better, but I still have sound glitches and performance might be better as well but I don't have any measurements to prove it.

Guys, email to all who bought ExaGear of previous version was sent (in fact two emails :) ). To whom who did not bought repeat here Today we released a new version of ExaGear which enable to run x86 apps on ARM devices. Now we support Raspberry Pi and Raspberry Pi 2 devices New guest distribution is available: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian, Raspbian We enhanced performance Better support of sound BTW now sale of ExaGear Desktop ($19.95 instead of $29.95). Details here: http://goo.gl/w98MCy
ExaGear Desktop for ARMv7 devices.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,i managed to install the new Version of Exagear on a Fresh SD Card.

How do i install/activate the 3D Support?

I tried to download the MainBranch of Glshim and tried to compile it inside Exagear itself but the Compilation break everytime.

Or is it more simple? :)

Hi,i managed to install the new Version of Exagear on a Fresh SD Card.

How do i install/activate the 3D Support?

I tried to download the MainBranch of Glshim and tried to compile it inside Exagear itself but the Compilation break everytime.

Or is it more simple? :)
Not sure it would fix the compiling issues, but Lunixbochs mentioned the remote support is in the unstable branch, it may not be in the main.

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/11506-glshim/page-22#entry393842/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
From what LunixBochs wrote, there's a x86 part that you should compile on a x86 PC (you might try inside Exagear but an actual PC might be less risky) and a part to compile on the Pandora (not in Exagear)

Ok i managed to compile it.

Where do i have to copy it?

And how can i register it in wine for using?

Or must i recompile Wine now new for it?

Back