Emulation Games

cosworth

Still Fresh
Hi,

Please be patient with me, I'm far from a computer expert! I bought a GP2X due to information from Retro magasine, I'm interested in running old games from my yonder years :)

I've downloaded the emulators from the CD rom onto a SD card, what do I do now? Where do I get my speccy games and how do I run them? Ive tried looking through various faq's etc, but I really need an idiots guide.

Thanks. :blink:

iignotus posted on Mar 17 2006 at 02:14 AM said:
Search the internet for games. That's all we can tell you.

/closed

Ive found files from speculator( .tpz), they just sit there on the same menu as the emulator. One help file tells me to use "open" from the keyboard assigned to L on the emulator (its fuse), but its not there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hory posted on Mar 17 2006 at 02:28 AM said:
http://WorldofSpectrum.org is a good place to download lots of tapes legally. .TAP, .TZX and .Z80 are the most common formats. Also try gp2xspectrum (another emulator besides FUSE).

Thank you for replying,

I've already found that site and loaded the files onto the SD card. What do I do now? I've unzipped the files, but through either emulator, or the games menu on the GP2X, they dont appear and/or run?

Just Tried GPX2 Spectrum, rom file is empty upon loading, howver I've loaded a couple of files (manic minor, football manager), .tzx files, put under the general spectrum file and unzipped.

cosworth posted on Mar 17 2006 at 02:38 AM said:
I've already found that site and loaded the files onto the SD card. What do I do now? I've unzipped the files, but through either emulator, or the games menu on the GP2X, they dont appear and/or run?
To get the games to appear you will have to load the emulator file from the games menu on the main gp2x menu, and then from the emulators menu you should open the games.

I haven't tried the emulators you are trying to use so I cannot help you any further with them, sorry.

Back