How Do You Play Games With Fxe Extension?

N

newbjohny

Hi, I have just downloaded loads of games from http://www.gp32x.de/ and when I transfer them to my GP2X the folders appear but when I open them theres no files to open when I'm in game view and when Ive checked their extensions are all .FXE whereas the otehr games I have that work have the extension .GPE

How do I get them to work?

Many thanks

John

You can't - those are games for the GP32, not for the gp2x and they do not work (yet).

I don't know anything more than you do.
But basically, it's not impossible to code a GP32 player...

The processor is compatible, no need to emulate it.
There are no special chips, so you don't need to emulate them.
Only thing to do in my opinion is write some kind of wrapper for graphic and SMC card stuff, which redirects all GP32-only stuff to the gp2x compliant.

However, to do that all, you need direct hardware access, so HH is needed, with Linux it won't work.

With linux it might work :) I envision a 'compatibility layer' like Wine, which isnt really an emulator because the CPU is the same, it just intercepts DirectX and WinAPI calls and translates them to the appropriate OGL/POSIX calls.

With linux it might work :) I envision a 'compatibility layer' like Wine, which isnt really an emulator because the CPU is the same, it just intercepts DirectX and WinAPI calls and translates them to the appropriate OGL/POSIX calls.

Yes, works with Windows, because it just redirects all the APIs. This isn't too hard.
Now, the GP32 binaries directly access the hardware, this is the tricky part...

Last edited:
Back