msx emulator help

Kop_007

Istanbul Red
Ok, I'm clueless...

Downloaded some games from EMULE for it in a rom pack.

All the games are multiple .rom or .bin files.

What files do I put onto the SMC?

Thanks

Ryleh, I hope I'm not missing something thats in the readme, but a couple of questions that are suggestions for the future if there isn't a method to do these:

1) How do you switch disks for multiple disk image games?

2) Virtual Keyboard - are there any more keys than the 1-4 used by pressing select and U/D/L/R? If not, the only one I really miss is I believe 5 (tagged to run?) that I think was available on an earlier version of fMSX by hitting select w/ the virtual keyboard (keys changed).

If these aren't availble right now, just consider them possibles for the future, these are very minor thing,s you've done great work!

BIN wont load
You can use RAW BIN files (ZANAC from MSXFAN)
Or use a BINtoROM convertor .

You can use MSX BIN files on GP32 .
Just copy all the files into a DSK image .
If the games have a gamename.ldr or gamename.bas file , just rename this to autoexec.bas (this make a autoexec disc )
otherwise you need to make a autoexec.bas file.
ie:
Code:
10 bload"gamename.bin",r
or
Code:
10 bload"gamename.001",r
20 bload"gamename.002",r

Save this file as a ASCII file include all the files into your DSK image .
Use something like WinImage (if you already have a DSK blank disc ) or RuMSX :
http://www.winimage.com/winimage.htm
---
http://www.thehungersite.com/

If you have 8 or more ROM/BIN files , the game could be a MEGARAM program and this don't work into GP32 .

Crouching in MGS2 (haven't tried 1) - hit both buttons (A&B) at the same time.

Arutha posted on Apr 30 2003 said:
Ryleh, I hope I'm not missing something thats in the readme, but a couple of questions that are suggestions for the future if there isn't a method to do these:

1) How do you switch disks for multiple disk image games?

2) Virtual Keyboard - are there any more keys than the 1-4 used by pressing select and U/D/L/R? If not, the only one I really miss is I believe 5 (tagged to run?) that I think was available on an earlier version of fMSX by hitting select w/ the virtual keyboard (keys changed).

If these aren't availble right now, just consider them possibles for the future, these are very minor thing,s you've done great work!
1) Put each disk in a zip or gzip, or leave each disk uncompressed. Name the files sequencially, ie, YS2-A.DSK, YS2-B.DSK, YS2-C.DSK, YS2-D.DSK, or... YS-1.GZ,YS-2.GZ,YS-3.GZ,... etc. Press START, MSX Settings, Change DISK, and done. The only thing you have to do is not to put all files into a single ZIP.

2) 1/2/3/4 and f1/f2/f3/f4 are pressed with U/D/L/R, 5 and f5 are pressed with START

Greetings

Last edited by a moderator:
Great, thank you Rlyeh! I can't believe I didn't try hitting start for f5... think I tried everything else! I'm sure the disk change will work too... I probably didn't have the names in order. Kudos again on your great work.

can anyone provide direct links to .bin to .rom converters? cant seem to find one thats good

Back