eglInitialize : EGL_BAD_ALLOC

Rockthesmurf

Advanced Member
Website
Visit site
I was just trying to compile and run an old project, however it fails during initialisation. Tracing through the problem is that eglInitialize is failing, a valid display is being passed (0x1 as opposed to 0x0), after it fails, eglGetError( ) is telling me the issue is EGL_BAD_ALLOC. I read elsewhere restarting the Pandora will fix it, but I've tried that with no luck. The code in question hasn't changed since it was last working for me, so either something has changed on my Pandora, or the fact I now have a different toolchain is somehow causing problems?

Any other suggestions?

According to model check:

Rebirth Model (2011)

The GPU Driver has a blank space after it. I haven't manually ever fiddled with the graphics driver, just using what ever comes by default with the OS/OS updates.

EDIT: I tried copying the libs from the Pandora and linking against them, but still have the same issue

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know if 4.03.00.02 is the best driver to install for me? I've never messed with drivers before, looking at the SGX driver thread, it seems 4.03.00.02 is mentioned as being a good candidate for Rebirth but I can't see any conclusion on that thread.

It's what I'm currently using on my Rebirth.

For what it is worth, the full issue history is:

1. Buy new SD card for Diablo/Starcraft
  2. Copy Diablo data files and PND onto card
  3. Diablo doesn't work
  4. Update OS via menu option
  5. Diablo doesn't work still
  6. Repartition/format card with EXT2
  7. Diablo now works
  8. My project that uses GLES no longer works
So at a guess, I'd say the OS update is likely to be the culprit for leaving the GFX drivers in a bad state. Glad it is working now anyway.

Back