Big Problem with my SMC

Seijuro

Still Fresh
hey i got a problem with my smc..
a few hours ago i put it out of the gp and then when i put it back in, the filesystem changed somehow, i think just to an "older" version - that means stuff i deleted before was back(still, if i try to start it it fails) and stuff i put on later disappeared..do you know what that is and if there is any solution? because i had some good chrono trigger savestate which now vanished.. =(

I think it seems unlikely that you'll get anything back, so If I were you I would just re format it with PC link and start again. It might be corrupted, hopefully just temporarily but it could be physically damaged all together.

IF you have a card reader then you could try running scandskw on it. This will often find and repair errors.

Using the original firmware.
Switch on the GP32 (without it connected to you computer).
Select the pclink icon (press select twice).
Press start, An error should appear.
Press select to recover SMC.
Press A to check the SMC.

Hope that helps. :)

Trooper

.. or if you have Pacrom you can try a "check & repair SMC filesystem" (under Tools). Occasionally I find that my SMC isn't readable; it boots to the windups default desktop, with none of the progams I've installed visible. This has happened twice since I got my gp32 in June 2003. Both times I've been able to get my full contents back using Pacrom's check & repair.

while on the topic of smcs, my card buggered so i formatted it in pacrom and it said 3 bad blocks. so i formatted it again and it said the same. so i formatted it in my card reader and again in pacrom and it still says 3 bad blocks! it doesnt seem to affect anything i do but whats wrong with it?

Back