Effing Snow!

K

Kalisiin

We got about 8 inches here in Northeastern PA...it was enough to cause me to have to call into work.

Wouldn't have been too bad, but, living rural, as I do, the roads weren't taken care of for a long time...plus the combination of snow, night, high winds, and driving 35 miles one way to make 9 bucks an hour...was not something that exactly made me feel like Queen For A Day, if you can dig it.

We dodged a bullet, though, lots of places closer to the ocean got it a lot worse, like Philly and D.C. I think even NYC got worse than us...which is rare...usually WE are the ones who get it worse, while the major cities get a lot less than we do...this one had the reverse effect for some reason.

6-8" just outside NYC. Not too bad, really. At least it happened on a Saturday night. Everybody can just stay home today except for the road crews. The roads should be good and clear by Monday morning.

Had a whole inch and a half in York on Friday, which is quite a lot for England. I'm now back in Bath, where we have lots of ice, but no snow at all.

5cm in Motherwell. Nothing we can't handle.

But the real news is the Xmas #1 is 'Killing In The Name Of' thus introducing a whole generation to music that isn't X-Factor-Idol-Popstar.

'FUCK YOU - I WONT DO MY HOMEWORK' - Richie from the Manics

5 inches or so here in vienna, lots more in the neighborhood .. supposed to be +10c next week though, so its all gonna melt ..

Well...this thread WAS more directed at Americans...specifically those in the Northeast of America...where we just got whacked with a huge snowstorm.

Kalisiin said:
Well...this thread WAS more directed at Americans...s

Xenophobe <_<

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in British Columbia and we didn't even have snow on Christmas day. Kind of weird, we usually do. The only snow we have is a few ice patches...

Back