Sg1 Finale

nubie posted on Mar 21 2007 at 02:27 PM said:
WarmFluffyUK posted on Mar 13 2007 at 02:14 PM said:
Well, I just watched the last ever SG1 episode, and flipping heck was I disappointed.

I have watched the end of a lot of Sci Fi, some of them are:

Babylon 5: Wow what a series, the end was soo powerful.

DS9: I cried, Sisco died...

Voyager: kewl they killed the Borg Queen and got home.
Voyager ROCKED!

You didn't watch Farscape :eek: :eek:

Must see it.

Ahhh.... I love Farscape. Worst ending ever. At least the mini-series wrapped it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Voyager was a piece of crap ... they used the borg whenever they needed some better ratings ... they sold this cool race. And endgame was the worst they could do ... now the federation is way ahead of any other civilization in the alpha and beta quadrant and klingons, romulans and other are no thread. Voyager also had some very annoying characters ... like Neelix and this stupid Naomi ... and all time looser Kim ... and the borg-children ... and the boob-borg ... andandand.

Maybe I'm to old, but for my opinion TNG was best and DSN was cool too. (TOS is out of league).

To other scifi series: Bab5 is awesome ... but season 5 is nowhere as good as season 4 or 3. SG1 is very good too ... but was better with MacGyver in it :). I don't watch the actual season of Atlantis ... season 1 was good, but it soon got me bored. ST Enterprise was .. bad. BSG2003 was very good till the 3rd season. I didn't watch the 2nd half of this one ... maybe I should.

There are some more series:
Firefly: only got to see the movie .. was pretty good
Dr. Who ... is crazy ... :D
Sliders: Sunday noon trash ;)
Andromeda: ... same as above, but worse
Farscape: Muppets in space ... crazy .. sometimes good .. sometimes ... something

have to watch: Crusade ... even if it's bad

Best SciFi ending so far:
BAB5 Season 4 (the real ending)

Enterprise actually started to get fairly decent near the end. All the Star Trek series struggled at the beginning (the first 3 seasons of TNG were awful) but most got better as they went on. It's too bad Enterprise didn't get that chance.

Though it could have been because of its horrible theme song...

I hate babylon 5. Voyage wasn't as good as TNG in some ways, but was better than others. DS9 can't compare. However I enjoy all the star treks, even the first series or 2 or enterprise had a good episode here and there. I think all of the different start treks have a slightly different target audiance.

Ravnos posted on Mar 22 2007 at 01:05 AM said:
Enterprise actually started to get fairly decent near the end. All the Star Trek series struggled at the beginning (the first 3 seasons of TNG were awful) but most got better as they went on. It's too bad Enterprise didn't get that chance.

Did you ever see the Enterprise, 2 part-er called "In a mirror, darkly"? It was a remake of TOS episode "Mirror Mirror". I thought that was better than the whole of the last series of enterprise put together. They played it from the perspective of an alternate universe, and they get hold of a ship from the future "The USS Defiant". It was from the same time period as the original enterprise and of the same design. Even the theme music was changed for that one story! It was dark and sinister...

Gripping stuff :)

WarmFluffyUK posted on Mar 22 2007 at 06:32 AM said:

Did you ever see the Enterprise, 2 part-er called "In a mirror, darkly"? It was a remake of TOS episode "Mirror Mirror". I thought that was better than the whole of the last series of enterprise put together. They played it from the perspective of an alternate universe, and they get hold of a ship from the future "The USS Defiant". It was from the same time period as the original enterprise and of the same design. Even the theme music was changed for that one story! It was dark and sinister...

That was great, all I can remember is Hoshi in the bedroom outfit :blink: Damn my genes. I can't stand T'pol with the stupid lips (since when do Vulcans have plastic surgery?), not that she wouldn't be awfully pretty without them, but ick.

WarmFluffyUK posted on Mar 22 2007 at 07:32 AM said:

Yeah, that was easily the best episode of Enterprise. I actually thought it was better than the mirror universe episodes in DS9, too.

Ravnos posted on Mar 22 2007 at 07:10 PM said:
Yeah, that was easily the best episode of Enterprise. I actually thought it was better than the mirror universe episodes in DS9, too.
Yeah, I agree, the mirror episode in DS9 was really lame, having Kira Nerys as the main evil bitch from hell was very unconvincing. It was badly written too, even TOS episode was more believable than the DS9 one. I thought Spock in the mirror universe was a but of a hunk :rolleyes:

god_at_hell posted on Mar 26 2007 at 01:24 AM said:
which mirror episode ... DS9 had a real bunch of 'em. There is a quite descent TNG mirror-universe story in book-format :)
I think I mainly remember two Mirror episodes. The most prominent was the very first one, and it could have been a lot better.

I think the 2nd one was when a few people from the mirror universe turned up on our DS9. But I may be wrong as I was going off the series by then.

Back