[Effectively Solved] PS3 controller bluetooth woes

Ultra_Jon

I'm having trouble using my PS3 controller via bluetooth.  I successfuly paired it with the sixpair utility, it works as a joystick device over usb, but it won't work right via bluetooth.  When I press the playstation button to connect it to the pandy, the lights start blinking and a little dialog pops up in the bottom right corner of the screen stating that the playstation controller wants to access a certain service.  Clicking this opens a dialog asking whether I want to grant or reject access to said service, with a little checkbox labelled "always grant access."  I've tried clicking the "grant" button and both checking the "always" checkbox and leaving it alone, but no matter what I do nothing happens;  the lights keep blinking until the controller gets tired of trying, and the dialog never seems to remember that I told it to "always grant access."  Is there some security setting I have set incorrectly or something?  Where do I find the log output for whatever silly little GUI program is talking to me?  Is it trying to do something only root is allowed to do?  Is there some command line method for allowing the device access to this service it wants?

In case it's neccessary, I'm on a stock 1Ghz unit running the 1.55 superzaxxon it was shipped with.

Last edited by a moderator:
We're on SZ 1.60 now.  But I don't think it's gonna solve your issue though.  I would love to see this work too. So await your good news :)

Well, I sort of got it working.  After agonizingly bashing my head against the metaphorical wall trying to figure out how to get the sony-hid kernel driver to work over bluetooth as well as it does over usb, I finally knuckled under like the little b*tch that I am and compiled the sixad userland driver that comes bundled with QTSixa.  If a number of other parties are interested I could look into wrapping it in a pnd like the "wiimote configurator" cwiid wrapper.

Well, I sort of got it working.  After agonizingly bashing my head against the metaphorical wall trying to figure out how to get the sony-hid kernel driver to work over bluetooth as well as it does over usb, I finally knuckled under like the little b*tch that I am and compiled the sixad userland driver that comes bundled with QTSixa.  If a number of other parties are interested I could look into wrapping it in a pnd like the "wiimote configurator" cwiid wrapper.
Definitely interested :) Please go ahead with the PND :)

Yay, that would be awesome, right now I'm using a PS2-USB-Adapter to connect a PS2 Pad to the Pandora. PS3 would be way better :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back