ps3 controller on bluetooth

sparkymark79

Hi,

Got my tv cable today from Kirkanos, a thousand thankyous. Want to play some 2player action on the tv tonight. Is it easy to setup the ps3 controller on the pandora via bluetooth. Has anybody done it successfully. Will it work with all emulators?

Wasn't in the tips and tricks section, apologies if I missed an easy to find thread.

thanks

It's old and it's not in a PND, but there was this utility put out four years ago to get a PS3 controller to work... Mind you people only had development units when this came out.

I've never used it, I just remembered it existed.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, I've downloaded it but no idea how I run it if it's not a PND, any ideas? cheers

From what I gather, It has to be launched from command line. I can try it out when I get home. I have my Pandora with me at work, but no PS3 controller..

the source code is included, If It does work I might look into PNDifying it.

I used Gjoypad from the apps page, I'm waiting for a TV out cable so I can use it as player one, I currently use it as Player 2 (or my iCP if I'm out somewhere).

Well haven't had much luck with that sixpair software...

Hmm the apps.openpandora.org page has been shutdown so can't look into that Gjoypad app, which is unfortunate since there are some apps on that page that couldn't be found anywhere else..

I know, I think it;s going through an update to HTML 5, but even so some developers asked to have their stuff removed from there, I'll take another look on my Pandora in a bit to be sure it is working as it's been a few weeks since I needed to use it.

I used Gjoypad from the apps page, I'm waiting for a TV out cable so I can use it as player one, I currently use it as Player 2 (or my iCP if I'm out somewhere).

Hi, the best place to find apps is the repo. However, the most complete place is through the wiki at http://pandorawiki.org/Main_Page

As for sixpairs and blue tooth, there have been serveral attempts both I don't believe anyone got it working. I know I tried serveral times with no luck.

I wish we could get an application here that would allow:

- PS3 controller "Pandora PS3 Player 1 mode" Mapping the nubs, shoulder and face buttons to the Six Axis

- PS3 controller "Pandora PS3 Player 2 mode" Allowing the second controller to be used for multiplayer games.

I don't find the nubs that great for N64 games, and also I believe there are quite a few one nubbers out there who would benefit.

Of course, for games that don't need analog controls. the Dpad and face buttons are fantastic.

Do you mean you are using a ps3 controller with Gjoypad, or just a usb gamepad? thanks

I'm not giving up on that code quite yet.. I just realized this morning that I didn't use a USB 2.0 hub.. It needs to connect to USB on initial syncing.. it's most likely a USB1.1 device which won't work without a HUB on the Pandora's USB 2.0 only port.. No wonder why it was saying no controllers detected..

Not guaranteeing that I won't find another stumbling block.. But will give it another go once I get out of work.

Using Gjoypad I can use the full function of the PS3 controller (minus rumble) via bluetooth, Gjoypad seems to see it as a USB game pad even though it's connected through BT (the same as the iControlPad).

I'm going to check the settings, I think you can switch the inputs to different things, so at the moment it's set so that the inputs relate to the player two controls I've set in a few of emulators, you can have multiple set ups so a quick button press can change the PS3 pad to player 1.

I know the repo is by far the best place to get apps but there were a few PNDs not in the repo that could be found in the other sources.

Since the apps.openpandora.org site is down is there anyone here that has the Gjoypad pnd file?

Back