Edit by *Username*?

And no, not everyone [from the team of moderators, remark] has "agreed". There has been a discussion. There is a wide span of attitudes, and we try to find a compromise that will be in the middle.
Well, has anyone from the moderation team ever considered asking all the users for input, too?
I think for the team to solve (some of) the problems it appears to be having with moderation recently, the moderators should think again about just /why/ someone would want to fake-moderate own posts. Basically, I think that the moderation team should open a public thread where it actively asks users for feedback.

On a sidenote, I'm a fan of standardized in-post moderation notes. If they are there, and if they are done right, then everyone knows and understands why, where, and also when something was edited and by whom, right at the places where it matters. This is especially true for threads that were split out from other threads, where a note in the first post with a link to the original thread provides helpful context.
We can continue to use...

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/9421-forum-feedback/

?

Last edited by a moderator:
And no, not everyone [from the team of moderators, remark] has "agreed". There has been a discussion. There is a wide span of attitudes, and we try to find a compromise that will be in the middle.
Well, has anyone from the moderation team ever considered asking all the users for input, too?

I think for the team to solve (some of) the problems it appears to be having with moderation recently, the moderators should think again about just /why/ someone would want to fake-moderate own posts. Basically, I think that the moderation team should open a public thread where it actively asks users for feedback.
That is coming. I was about to start that, but some pesky real-life concerns kinda ate up my time. There Will Be a post in the near future, where we present our moderation guidelines and ask for comments and opinions. It just hasn't quite arrived yet. My bad.

Sorry, I should have made this more clear.
I meant a separate thread where the moderation asks the users for their input on exactly the specific problems that it has seen / believes to have recognized recently. Basically, the difference is that the moderation is asking users for input on the things it isn't sure about / doesn't agree on, rather than merely offering a generic place for random input.

After there is a solution to these problems, the thread can then just fall into disuse. The moderation team should maintain a list of such threads, and possibly revisit it every now and then.

I think that this would allow for more good things with less hassle for everyone. It would also help the moderation to keep a better overview over past feedback; such as all those small recommendations on recent matters that typically either get spread across all forum sections, or are forgotten because the generic feedback thread(s) have gotten too lengthy, or that are never voiced because of whatever hesitations about doing so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back