Ebay Scam

RedBaron said:
I just got ripped off $200 on eBay, I bought a GP2X F200 with accessories just before new year and before I decided to get out of retro games, what a scam he sell it to you then pretends to post it 10 days after you pay for it by notifying eBay that it has been posted it and 3 days later he re advertise it on eBay, he can clam it has been posted and not insured so he is not responsible for a refund
Ares Hole

That doesn't make any sense. Did you pay via paypal? You have buyer protection if so. He would have to provide a tracking number (or delivery confirmation) that it had arrived directly to you. If he couldn't provide that info, then you can file a dispute and absolutely get your money back.

Last edited by a moderator:
coldfis said:
Maybe it turned up in the mail?
No it did not turn up, but time will tell

laharl said:
why did you delete your posts? i wanted to read them :(

I'm also very curious and want to read them..

RedBaron said:

Oh I am very sorry to hear that. I hope things will work out for you.
Actually, you are not alone. I've been ripped off too recently, and believe me it was painful and I don't like it. I have learnt a really harsh lesson
If the seller asked you to do this transaction outside of eBay, or any other auction site, or even just do the transaction by PayPal only (as you probably already know PayPal do have a time limit for
the transaction IDs if something unexpected happens and you file a dispute it has to be within 30-45 days I think otherwise the buyer protection is of no use :( )
NEVER say yes to agree their request at all. instead throw it back at them, ask them why and request more close-up pictures...its your right as a "Buyer" to do so :)

BTW fyi: The game shop which I don't recommend at all is Adictron.com
(aka. Chollogame) former name was: Adictron
as I have been ripped off by them about gp2x F-200 in Brand new condition. The item turns out not in brand new condition (refurbished and have signs of the unit being opened before)
and I paid expensive price for it..

http://www.chollogame.es

I noticed the bad company recently changed their name from Adictron to Chollogame for some reasons (the website: http://adictron.com still works) perhaps they want to fend off some bad publicity I guess :/

eBay seller ID was geckogamer (as you can see, he doesn't have very good feedback I realized)
before..

eBay is awesome.
PayPal is awesome.

Goto MyEbay. WON section: next to the item is a drop down menu, then "report seller" or something similar.
IF YOU PAID VIA PAYPAL, then login to paypal, go to resolution center and start a complain about the seller. Follow instructions.

I just got my money back from ebay/paypal because I got ripped off when I bought a Nintendo64.
I WANT MY N64!

kingoddball said:
eBay is awesome.
PayPal is awesome.

Goto MyEbay. WON section: next to the item is a drop down menu, then "report seller" or something similar.
IF YOU PAID VIA PAYPAL, then login to paypal, go to resolution center and start a complain about the seller. Follow instructions.

I just got my money back from ebay/paypal because I got ripped off when I bought a Nintendo64.
I WANT MY N64!

:(
also, my blacklist is certain sellers from Spain (NO THANKS!) - geckogamer from Adictron gave me a defective GP2X F-200 (he also request to do the transaction outside eBay)
because of this, It makes me lose confidence in buying stuff online, expecially with people you don't know well :(

Hi,I have been directed to this forum by a friend of mine.

I would like to warn you about chollogame.es/adictron and whatever ebay account he is using
http://stores.ebay.es/retrochollo
www_chollogame_es

Recently I enquired about dreamcast laser lens from this seller,he informed me that he had 79 in stock-I decided to buy 50 lens in total.Because of the amount of units I wanted to buy I asked for a discount,we agreed a fee and then I made a TT transaction to the account of Igor Moreda Arzo-this is common practice in business

I waited one week and no units arrived in the post,I contacted the seller who then said it could take two weeks-I asked for the tracking number-guess what no tracking number.Four weeks on still no delivery,I contacted him again and he informs me that they must have got lost in the post.He refuses a refund but we all know he never sent them,I used to live in Spain and all international packages come with tracking number and receipt.

I decided to contact a friend of mine in Spain to see if he could help(as my spanish is not perfect),he phoned the mobile number on the website and they denied all knowledge of my order and said they had never heard of Igor Moreda Arzo-these are all lies

This company are thiefs and I will not let them get away with this
Today I reported this to the Police in the U.K as theft,I will press charges against this company and as they are in the E.U their prospects for getting away with this are slim.I have their address,telephone numbers and bank account details

I will also warn as many gaming forums as possible about this bunch of arseholes so no one else gets scammed

regards

If you get hustled just report it to eBay and take out a case. They will usually refund the buyer almost always.

I tried to sell two items (non-game) and BOTH times scammers "won" the auction and tried to scam me. I had a feeling there was something dodgy so I didn't send item and checked with e-bay first. They checked these accounts and sure enough the next day the accounts showed as "not a registered user".

A common scam I get is a user in another country (in this case Germany) wins an item then tells me that he is going to be visiting in the US (or that he just moved here) and to send the expensive item to the hotel he is staying at in the US. I guess the way this is supposed to work is he has a friend in the US pick up the item at the hotel and send to him. Then he will chargeback the credit card or claim he never received it and get refunded (and the money comes back out of your account). Since the address is UNCONFIRMED eBay will take the buyers side if I open a case. Sellers are NOT protectd against chargebacks if you send to an unconfirmed address. Now you are out the cash and the item! Usually the scammer's ebay account has low feedback rating and little or no recent activity (the account is probably hacked).

If you sell DON'T send to an unconfirmed address.

Back