Easy Bluetooth Headphone Solution

BCable

I just installed SuperZaxxon Final, and went to go through the rounds of getting my config files straight for setting up Bluetooth headphones for music.

There is an ".asoundrc" file used in the home directory that tends to be complicated and hard to track down. Not anymore after I tested a theory of mine. This is all you need to put in that file. If you want to toggle between headphones and standard sound, just name it ".asoundrc.bt" to disable it.

Code:
pcm.!default {

type bluetooth

}

The only audio player I've found for this is easy to install as well (XMMS). Enable wifi, then type:

Code:
sudo opkg update && sudo opkg install xmms

It will magically make a menu item under Multimedia (that's new to this release). Run it.

Click the top left corner of the window, Options -> Preferences.

Under "Output Plugin" select "ALSA 1.2.10 output plugin [libALSA.so]".

Everything seems to work except "DoubleSize" in XMMS (the one feature needed...).

If this could be added to more music players as default without having to type in commands and such it would finally justify a purchase of wireless bluetooth headphones for me.

It should be possible somehow to combine both asoundrc files to be able to use both bt headsets and normal sound output, shouldn't it?

The only audio player I've found for this is easy to install as well (XMMS). Enable wifi, then type:

Code:

It will magically make a menu item under Multimedia (that's new to this release). Run it.
If it works with xmms then it will work with audacious (the later being a fork of the former ;) )

Code:

If it works with xmms then it will work with audacious (the later being a fork of the former ;) )
Good news.audacious is my player of choice.

pcm.!default {
type bluetooth
}

Code:
Wont work here. I tried all solution I found here and other threads, but my Calypso Bluetooth Headset wont work. :(

All sound came out of the speaker.

Install xmms told me: Collected Errors

opkg_install_cmd: cannot install package xmms

The opkg update works well.

Any solution?

This is an old thread from before the default repo was switched from the Angstrom repo to the newly created Pandora repo. Xmms is not on the latter, but presumably could be added if there was sufficient demand.

However, I'd suggest trying out the Audacious PND first, since as I understand it, that should work.

I don't own any bluetooth audio equiment however, so I've not tested any of the above.

This is an old thread from before the default repo was switched from the Angstrom repo to the newly created Pandora repo. Xmms is not on the latter, but presumably could be added if there was sufficient demand.

However, I'd suggest trying out the Audacious PND first, since as I understand it, that should work.

I don't own any bluetooth audio equiment however, so I've not tested any of the above.
Thanks for the answer, but Audacious wont work either.

Did anybody got a BT-Headset working with the Pandora?

Thanks for the answer, but Audacious wont work either.

Did anybody got a BT-Headset working with the Pandora?
Nobody?

^ You're the guinea pig. :)  But seriously, I'm no programmer, but I like Audacious to work with bluetooth.  So please keep plugging :)

I'm just testing this.

So far I had no luck with Audacious; mplayer2 at least gave me about 10 seconds of sound via BT before it stopped with some ALSA error.

I would love it if I could use my bluetooth headphones with RockBox on Pandora :(

I normally use my phone when walking - mainly becaus I can switch tracks using my headphones but Pandora's bluetooth audio is still a bit clunky...

(And I know I should figure out a way to improve this but I don't know... :S)

I would like to see a working solution for this, too!
I've been trying quite hard do connect the panora to my cars stereo via bluetooth and finally gave up on it :( !

Geronimo! :D

It works.

All I have to do is edit the file /etc/asound.conf and not the file .asoundrc in my home-dir.

Open a Terminal an type: sudo mousepad /etc/asound.conf

an insert the text from the first thread above.

Works great with my calypso-headset (but no way to use the forward/back-buttons or pause/stop) and my brandnew Teufel BT Bamster soundbar.

yosemite.jpg

IT WORKS

Tried with Audacious + a pair of Sennheiser MM500-X headphones, I can even switch between tracks without the software spazzing out. :wub:

Edit: Also works with DeaDBeeF.

Edit 2: Pandora volume wheel + software volume doesn't work so you have to change volume using your headset/phones.

Last edited by a moderator:
yosemite.jpg

IT WORKS

Tried with Audacious + a pair of Sennheiser MM500-X headphones, I can even switch between tracks without the software spazzing out. :wub:
You could switch tracks with the buttons of your headphones? That didnt work here with my calypso-headset. What have you done to make it work?

^ Sorry to have got your hopes up I should have made myself clearer, what I meant was that I could change tracks using the a/v software not my headphones.

Thank you very much, palmiga! :)

This solution works very well with my car stereo - and other than the BT Bamster it sounds just great!

Finally I can use the Pandora as a music player while I'm driving - something I have been trying to do without success since I got it a year ago! ^_^

I made two shell scripts to copy the config file back and forth and created two desktop icons for them.

I guess a Zenity script would look nicer - but that's something I still have to learn about...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back